• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

#216888 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
stricken wrote:

or scared to face the truth

[0:51-0:57 sec mark]...

Hey thats good for a bible thumper
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216889 1 year, 9 months ago
well, I TRY...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#216890 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
i see you wanna frame my views as intolerance...(& you'd be right!)
I have NO TOLERANCE for such evil things.

that's what ones personal morality is...
an invisible line in the sand, that should not be crossed!!
I think your philosophy of morality might be a bit goofy footed; not the morality itself, but how it functions and is applied. Of course, if intolerance itself is your morality -start and end point- then whew...there are bigger problems in this world than Kesha and her stylist.

Where's Denver Man with his political analogy when you need him?
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216892 1 year, 9 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
I think your philosophy of morality might be a bit goofy footed; not the morality itself, but how it functions and is applied. Of course, if intolerance itself is your morality -start and end point- then whew...there are bigger problems in this world than Kesha and her stylist.

well, I'm intolerant of alot of things...(i could list a few if that helps)

But I think youre putting words in my mouth (as it were)
& are purposely skewing my outlook on things....
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#216903 1 year, 9 months ago
Wow, and I thought the threads comparing John to Jerry were really intense until I came across this one. LOL.

My own personal experience is that the message, ANY message, is better delivered with some sort of understanding of the "other" side and their arguments. Clearly this audience is very passe about religion, and/or more specifically, satanic symbolism. Trying to motivate them in this area is probably missing the real opportunity to minister.

In fact, more often then not it turns people off more to religion then anything else.

The basics are then overlooked, the real message, because we are focused on the wrong thing. The message is LOVE!! And I dont mean, quoting Bobby from Weir Here two weeks ago, the "hippie mysticism" version of love but the real thing, unconditional LOVE.

So God loves us unconditionally. Even if we fuck up. Its called forgiveness. Perhaps today (no pun intended) we just forgive this girl for performing in this strange outfit (if one finds it offensive). Then LOVE on her somehow, and everyone else.

Then maybe, just maybe, the message will be heard by ears that are deaf.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216906 1 year, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:
Wow, and I thought the threads comparing John to Jerry were really intense until I came across this one. LOL.

My own personal experience is that the message, ANY message, is better delivered with some sort of understanding of the "other" side and their arguments. Clearly this audience is very passe about religion, and/or more specifically, satanic symbolism. Trying to motivate them in this area is probably missing the real opportunity to minister.

In fact, more often then not it turns people off more to religion then anything else.

The basics are then overlooked, the real message, because we are focused on the wrong thing. The message is LOVE!! And I dont mean, quoting Bobby from Weir Here two weeks ago, the "hippie mysticism" version of love but the real thing, unconditional LOVE.

So God loves us unconditionally. Even if we fuck up. Its called forgiveness. Perhaps today (no pun intended) we just forgive this girl for performing in this strange outfit (if one finds it offensive). Then LOVE on her somehow, and everyone else.

do you mean "Love the Sinner, but Hate the Sin"..

Well _____ Dat'!!!

There are some sins, that GOD does not forgive!!!

(but I luv your message)...
mok
Junior Boarder

#216907 1 year, 9 months ago
Griff wrote:

Its a much better approach than assuming everyone shares your core axioms with respect to your belief system; e.g. "satanic" symbols lead to hell, etc. I do think, though, that what is shared is the desire to minister, which is actually annoying to a lot of folks, although I prefer your approach of being up front about it, personally.

edit: btw Griff, that was nicely written. I would personally argue that you can remove the comments about God and they stay true, but that's likely a fairly major difference in our world views.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by mok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#216908 1 year, 9 months ago
mok wrote:

Its a much better approach than assuming everyone shares your core axioms with respect to your belief system; e.g. "satanic" symbols lead to hell, etc. I do think, though, that what is shared is the desire to minister, which is actually annoying to a lot of folks,

DAMN YOU!!!

HEED MY MINISTRY!!!

Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#216909 1 year, 9 months ago
.....edit
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Sugaree1.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#216911 1 year, 9 months ago
A sin that God does not forgive........hmmmmmmmmmmm.........I dont think that is right brother.

God's ability to forgive is beyond a human's ability to comprehend, so I am personally not going to sell Him short. I think He has the ability to forgive all, and surely I do not know how. I can barely forgive myself most of the time let alone my wife or kids, so I know I do not understand this amazing thing. I do have faith in it.

Yet again, let's not focus our attention there. Let's focus it on love.

In fact, and I said this earlier in another thread, I find Deadheads to be some of the most Christ-like people I have ever met.........much to their chagrin no doubt (per this thread). This year is probably the most tangible for me in my 33 years on the bus as I traveled to Coney Island and Bethel solo, just hangin with great people sharing love (and I dont mean drugs!!).
Time to create page: 0.96 seconds