• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Jeff Beck, Mary J Blige

#216440 1 year, 10 months ago
all confirmed for tommorows opening Stones gig in London. Who's got my heady stream?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Jeff Beck, Mary J Blige

#216446 1 year, 10 months ago
I was wondering about a stream myself.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#216448 1 year, 10 months ago
I wonder if the Stones could afford to stream the show for the world........

that would be a nice gesture on their part, but maybe they need the money and couldn't do that because they'll
be releasing these shows as a live album.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#216449 1 year, 10 months ago
finally Jeff Beck will be playing lead guitar for the Stones, the job he should have had in '75
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#216451 1 year, 10 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

that would be a nice gesture on their part, but maybe they need the money and couldn't do that because they'll

Actually, the show in Newark, NJ on 12/15 is going to be broadcast as a pay-per-view. Guests for that night are said to include Beck and Clapton -- essentially the Stones and the Yardbirds.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#216453 1 year, 10 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
finally Jeff Beck will be playing lead guitar for the Stones, the job he should have had in '75

Well at that time Jeff was riding high on Blow By Blow and Wired. There's still a tie-in, though, as Ronnie Wood was once the bass player for the Jeff Beck Group.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#216454 1 year, 10 months ago
Equinox wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

Actually, the show in Newark, NJ on 12/15 is going to be broadcast as a pay-per-view. Guests for that night are said to include Beck and Clapton -- essentially the Stones and the Yardbirds.

You'd have to have Jimmy Page there for it to be the Yardbirds, and hey, that's always within the realm of possibilities
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#216456 1 year, 10 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Equinox wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

You'd have to have Jimmy Page there for it to be the Yardbirds, and hey, that's always within the realm of possibilities

It is but from what I've heard he's pretty much retired. Be a wonderful shock, though.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#216458 1 year, 10 months ago
I'll tell ya what I've seen every tour since 81 and I don't care what it costs when the tour hits the states next year I will be at as many as I can possibly afford.... money comes and goes... this for REAL is the last time.. was way deep into the stones before I got into the gd...... if you are a real lover of music there is a helluva alot more to this band than Satisfaction and Jumpin Jack Flash. I personally wish Mick Taylor never left the band... his era is IT live especially...they "jammed" live way way more than casual fans know... on a side note one of my personal faves was also up for the gig after MT ..Roy Buchanon..but Stones management felt he didn't "fit" their image.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#216465 1 year, 10 months ago
Roy Buchanon would have been a nice fit. I hear ya about the Stones. I've seen every tour since '75 and even though the tix were criminally expensive I'm in for both Newark shows.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds