• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

review/setlist from last night?

#21619 3 years, 5 months ago
suprised nobody mentioned anything yet, would love to hear what went on last night....

edit - of course I mean Bob's orchestra show....
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
Monkeyfoot
Junior Boarder

Re: review/setlist from last night?

#21638 3 years, 5 months ago
I'll take a shot at the set list, but I might have missed something:

First set:
Cassidy>
Bird Song
West L.A. Fadeaway
Loose Lucy
Friend of the Devil
Let It Grow>
Bird Song Reprise>
Cassidy Reprise

Second set:
Playing in the Band>
Uncle John's Band>
Dark Star v1>
Jack Straw
Days Between>
Dark Star v2>
Uncle John's band reprise>
Playing in the Band reprise

Encore:
One More Saturday Night
Ripple
Attics of my Life

It was an awesome show. I had seats in the 6th row. Great to see Deadheads mingling with high society folks - great culture clash.
I was surprised at how smoothly the songs transitioned from one to the other. Really well played.
Bob and the rest of the band were dressed in tuxedos. In addition to the symphony musicians, Bob was backed by Jeff C, Jay Lane, Rob Wasserman and Robin Sylvester - it was essentially RatDog without Kenny Brooks and MK. There was a vocal chorus of at least ten singers backing Bob on vocals. Bob was in especially fine voice, and the performance was virtually mistake free. Lots of extended solos from string players, especially in Let it Grow. The crowd was fairly restrained until Loose Lucy, then the show became a bit more like a rock concert. West L.A. Fadeaway was a highlight to me - surprised at how well that song worked in this format. When the band broke out OMSN for the encore there was audible laughter from the crowd, and beach balls started bouncing around the audience. Ushers were mostly cool - saw them talking to one head who was standing up smoking a joint at the front of the stage during intermission while the house lights were up, but she didn't get kicked out.
Parking lot scene was mellow too, small number of vendors, and parking was free with almost no security presence.
Very fun night - can't wait until Wavy's birthday show next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , HeatherB, MushroomMan, Abba, Terrapin Sedation
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#21640 3 years, 5 months ago
thank you for that, very much appreciated.

sounds like it was a great time, I wish I could of made it out that way.

Maybe they'll be a second fusion sometime, somewhere closer that I can make. Can't wait to hear this sometime.....
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#21647 3 years, 5 months ago
Any tapers at the show
GOOD LOVE
Monkeyfoot
Junior Boarder

#21658 3 years, 5 months ago
I didn't see any tapers, although it was posted everywhere in the venue that taping was allowed. More importantly, there was a large sign in the venue explaining that the show was being recorded. There were professional video cameras in use around the stage and a large camera mounted to a very large boom that swung out over the crowd for most of the show, so I'm sure that quality video of this show will be available - I just hope it's soon!
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#21797 3 years, 5 months ago
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#21808 3 years, 5 months ago
can you listen again or was it just a stream for last night?

totally forgot about the show until this morning...
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21809 3 years, 5 months ago
most are saved for posterity
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#21810 3 years, 5 months ago
Set One: Cassidy > Bird Song, Row Jimmy, West LA Fadeaway, Loose Lucy, Friend of the Devil^, Let It Grow > Bird Song > Cassidy

Set Two: Playin' in the Band > Uncle John's Band > Dark Star > Jack Straw, Days Between > Dark Star > Uncle John's Band > Playin' Reprise

Encore: One More Saturday Night, Ripple, Attics of My Life^^

Notes
Billed as First Fusion [Bobby Weir, Rob Wasserman, Robin Sylvester, Jay Lane, Jeff Chimenti and the Marin Symphony Orchestra]
^Bob Weir aoustic
^^a cappella
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#21970 3 years, 5 months ago
I just wanted to quickly mention how fantastic the symphony show was. Truly supelative! !!

I am so glad that I went, even tho I am paying for it today in that I can't keep my eyes open.

I met some crazy folk & I couldn't even hang out after the show due to total exhaustion, but i guess that's a small price to pay for having been able to participate in history.

I'll write a more in depth review when I have fully recovered.

I read there will be a DVD ~ Can't wait!!!!
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by ruby_claire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , MushroomMan, Terrapin Sedation
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds