• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

Phil Bomb from 12/29/11 - ((NYE 2012))

#215800 1 year, 8 months ago
archive.org/details/furthur2011-12-29.mi...nakguy.117833.flac16

Perhaps my favorite 1 minute and 21 seconds of music in 2011 came from last NYE, when the band came back in to Slipknot and Phil hit the loudest bomb that I have heard since the Berkley Greeks of '83 and '84.

The sound spectrum is awesome. I have a relatively cheap though good sounding desk top speakers in my home office with a subwoofer (which by the way is ALWAYS turned up to 10, LOL) and this bomb literally makes my pant leg vibrate.

I am trying to clip it in to a vid using some vid s/w and the actual spectrum is awesome, when Phil hits the bomb it goes 100% off the scales for a few seconds. Awesome!!

BTW - JK is something else right here to you all as he hits some absolutely great notes with very nice feel.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: h82luz2000, FurthurFlower67, Island Head, mcolleen
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Phil Bomb from 12/29/11 - ((NYE 2012))

#215858 1 year, 8 months ago
OMG!!! I will never ever forget that!!!

It stopped time! Unforgettable! I've been waiting for one like that since but he has been holding out!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen, Griff
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#215873 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks for posting, Grif-I remember this well!! & I had just bought my 1st (of many) Phil Bomb patch that day! Gotta ♡♥♡ those Phil bombs!!
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#215908 1 year, 8 months ago
Nice!! Those shows were so fuggin good. Can't wait for more.

RR 2010 at the soundcheck, we were in the 1st row and out of no where phil drops a bomb just like that. I think everyone jumped a foot in the air and you could see phil standing there with that devilish grin ... i'll never forget that.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen, Griff
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#216002 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Nice!! Those shows were so fuggin good. Can't wait for more.

RR 2010 at the soundcheck, we were in the 1st row and out of no where phil drops a bomb just like that. I think everyone jumped a foot in the air and you could see phil standing there with that devilish grin ... i'll never forget that.

Thats a great story DM!!

Along those lines, when I saw them at TXR in June I got to stand right in front of Phil and watch him use foot pedals on the floor to create some bomb like sounds. Totally cool.

Yep, just think, only 5 weeks away and we are going to be dancing to end the year.........
Drazzaz
Junior Boarder

#216062 1 year, 8 months ago
Yes! I was there and remember that moment quite well. Love the bomb! If I remember right there were some impressive bombs that whole run but that one was a shaker of all shakers!
"Sometimes a great Notion"
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds