• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Need Help For Traveling Friend

#216080 1 year, 8 months ago
Thank you all. I will see if the return drive has a specific route. Still looking for anyone near Austin, Phoenix, and Cali.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#216092 1 year, 8 months ago
I live in Southern California and have been lucky enough to travel the majority of this amazing state, by way of trains, planes, greyhounds, hitchin, you name it. Big Sur is one of the single most wonderful, soul soothing places I have ever come across. The first time I went I had to be dragged away as I immediately started coming up with a plan to call work and the landlord and tell em to fuck off cause I found 'IT'.

Don't know what help she needs exactly but if she needs help finding good camping spots, transportation, food, favors, etc.. I would be more than happy to lend a hand. I would tell her not to worry about going to Southern California, just stay North of Santa Barbara and she'll be all good. SoCal's great and all but not as 'book worthy' as it is up North. Also have family in Phoenix, I know of some cool Ghost Towns, the town of Quartzite is a nice lil gem too. I'm jealous of her journey it's been a while since I did that myself and it made me the person I am today and I'm very grateful for that.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#216140 1 year, 8 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
I live in Southern California and have been lucky enough to travel the majority of this amazing state, by way of trains, planes, greyhounds, hitchin, you name it. Big Sur is one of the single most wonderful, soul soothing places I have ever come across. The first time I went I had to be dragged away as I immediately started coming up with a plan to call work and the landlord and tell em to fuck off cause I found 'IT'.

Don't know what help she needs exactly but if she needs help finding good camping spots, transportation, food, favors, etc.. I would be more than happy to lend a hand. I would tell her not to worry about going to Southern California, just stay North of Santa Barbara and she'll be all good. SoCal's great and all but not as 'book worthy' as it is up North. Also have family in Phoenix, I know of some cool Ghost Towns, the town of Quartzite is a nice lil gem too. I'm jealous of her journey it's been a while since I did that myself and it made me the person I am today and I'm very grateful for that.

Thank you Tim. I shall see whats up with her.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#216150 1 year, 8 months ago
I can cover Michigan!
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#216183 1 year, 8 months ago
Im in San Rafael, really really new here but am willing to help anyway possible. Count me in.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#216205 1 year, 8 months ago
RowTimmy wrote:
Im in San Rafael, really really new here but am willing to help anyway possible. Count me in.

You're such an awesome guy Tim/Tmglf/Row Timmy, I feel as though I'm a better person just knowing you man.
Always willin to help in any way possible without asking for anything in return, Top Notch
Forum Member right there!!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1, RowTimmy
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#216209 1 year, 8 months ago
What? No travel through Colorado?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#218749 1 year, 7 months ago
DM et al: Yes she will be taking 80 all the way home. With a stop In Denver. Thanks again for the response. She has reached Cali today. SanDiego for 3 days with Family, then the trek north to SF then Big Sur for a 2 montgh 'house sitting' stint!!!! Again, let me know who can show her around.

Joe
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds