• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Dear Californians...

#216445 1 year, 9 months ago
Re: New Jersey

There are some very nice parts of New Jersey, as someone who has traveled the whole state. Next time you're down at PNC art
center take a look around....there's a lot of woodsy type environment, with a lot of natural beauty. All of New Jersey is not Newark or Camden. Matter of fact I was recently in Parsipanny and thought it would be a decent place to live as opposed to where I live now.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Dear Californians...

#216450 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
having lived on both the east and west coasts for 7 years west and 10 east I'll take the west coast any day.

Show me one place on the entire east coast (sans the Florida keys) that has as much natural beauty and quality of life as the SF bay area.


natural beauty? quality of life?...

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Dear Californians...

#216455 1 year, 9 months ago
^^^^ I lived there when that fire occurred. You could see it from the other side of the bay, as we did in South San Francisco.

The biggest cause of that fire were the shake shingles people had on their homes, which when dry, are highly combustible, as were the abundance of eucalyptus trees. That summer of '91 we experienced a pretty significant drought, so it was quite dry.

I'd say there was more destruction in the wake of hurricane Sandy than the fire you make mention of.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Dear Californians...

#216457 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
^^^^ I lived there when that fire occurred. You could see it from the other side of the bay, as we did in South San Francisco.

The biggest cause of that fire were the shake shingles people had on their homes, which when dry, are highly combustible, as were the abundance of eucalyptus trees. That summer of '91 we experienced a pretty significant drought, so it was quite dry.

I'd say there was more destruction in the wake of hurricane Sandy than the fire you make mention of.


Do you think Sandy's damage is equvelent to the 89' Northridge quake damage?


& as for Sandy's damage. it was contained mostly to within 1 mile of the shoreline...
I live about 4 miles inland on The Jersey Shore. mostly just downed trees/powerlines in my area...
the repairs & cleanup are moving along rapidly...
we have the Army Corp. of Engineers that've already made repairs to Mantoloking Bridge in my town...
a Bridge that was heavily damaged from the storm...

the boardwalks will be up&running in time for the start of the summer season...

the silver lining from that storm, is gonna be a massive reconstruction boom in this area for the next yr or two...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Wheelman.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Dear Californians...

#216459 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
^^^^ I lived there when that fire occurred. You could see it from the other side of the bay, as we did in South San Francisco.

The biggest cause of that fire were the shake shingles people had on their homes, which when dry, are highly combustible, as were the abundance of eucalyptus trees. That summer of '91 we experienced a pretty significant drought, so it was quite dry.

I'd say there was more destruction in the wake of hurricane Sandy than the fire you make mention of.


Sandy's damage was contained mostly to within 1 mile of the shoreline...
I live about 4 miles inland on The Jersey Shore. mostly just downed trees/powerlines in my area...
the repairs & cleanup are moving along rapidly...
we have the Army Corp. of Engineers that've already made repairs to Mantoloking Bridge in my town...
a Bridge that was heavily damaged from the storm...

the boardwalks will be up&running in time for the start of the summer season...


of course the boardwalk will be functioning by next summer as there's too much tourist money to be generated to not
have it be restored. The casinos in AC lost a lot of money not being open right after the hurricane, and when I heard how much that was could only think of the busloads who go there every day and leave all that hard earned scratch behind.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Dear Californians...

#216460 1 year, 9 months ago
Do you now refer to the Jersey shore in italics, as in reference to the wildly popular tv show that has further helped dumb down
the population of the U.S.?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Dear Californians...

#216461 1 year, 9 months ago
RE: California


Show me one stretch of road on the east coast that's as beautiful as Highway 1 from Santa Cruz up to the Medocino county line.


I rest my case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Dear Californians...

#216462 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Do you now refer to the Jersey shore in italics, as in reference to the wildly popular tv show that has further helped dumb down
the population of the U.S.?


REMEMBER...all those charactors on the show aren't from this area...
its a pestilence us locals have learned to live with annually...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Dear Californians...

#216463 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
RE: California


Show me one stretch of road on the east coast that's as beautiful as Highway 1 from Santa Cruz up to the Medocino county line.


I rest my case.


portions of it collapsed last yr....

www.cyclelicio.us/2011/california-highway-collapse/
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1533

Re: Dear Californians...

#216472 1 year, 9 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
RE: California


Show me one stretch of road on the east coast that's as beautiful as Highway 1 from Santa Cruz up to the Medocino county line.


I rest my case.


portions of it collapsed last yr....

www.cyclelicio.us/2011/california-highway-collapse/


yes, this happens to roads all the time, often due to flooding. Flooding is common in Jersey, as you're well aware.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Dear Californians...

#216474 1 year, 9 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Flooding is common in Jersey, as you're well aware.

not in my immediate area it's not!!!

but im sure there's no significant portion of GOD's green Earth that is immune to flooding...

but as a Californian, you're more than well aware of flooding as these recent pics from around your state show...

www.water.ca.gov/floodsafe/ca-flood-preparedness/fpw_home.cfm
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Wheelman.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: Dear Californians...

#216478 1 year, 9 months ago
(Sheesh)

you guys don't even need is a swarm of locusts to out do Egypt during the time of The Exodus..

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/expert_as...easonal_drought.html

GET DA' HELL OUTTA THERE, ALREADY!!!!

In June 2012.. Stockton, California Went Bankrupt. Is Your City Next?
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Wheelman.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds