• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: sleeper of spring 2011? sunday listenin'

#215428 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
BH – The chapter about the dead of your father and how the song “Box of Rain” came to symbolize his passing was touching. Why did it take so many years before you began to sing that song in concert?

PL - “I don’t remember why that is. That’s one of the things that is lost in the haze of antiquity. Maybe it had to do with my singing and stuff. You know I’ve never been particularly proud of my singing. I never really thought I was very good at it. So I had to get past that before we could play the song.”

BH – But I remember many times when deadheads would be chanting your name and begging you to sing something.

PL - “Oh yeah, go figure.”

how long did it take you to google that. Here ya go again let me school you. Phil played box of rain 43 times in 72 and 73 after his dad passed. He didn't "begin" to sing that song yrs later. He quit singing it because of a medical issue . ..& Even Phil is laughing at his lack of vocal prowess (when people were chanting for it) ..we were chanting for the underdog not because we thought Phils vocal stlyings were phenomenal.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215431 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
his vocal chord issues were from singing falsetto. not his natural range

So wait he decided to quit like you first asserted... or now you've read a lil on the internet... and it was from singing falsetto..
... Well as far as I remember without looking it up on the internet he had surgery around 74-75 to try to fix his blown out voice. He had blown it out ..... and had vocal chord damage... thanks for playing all knowing one LOL
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#215434 1 year, 8 months ago
you're right about some things, and dead wrong about others, just like me, and everybody else. this shouldn't be a game. i don't know why i ever bother. i am done man. you already told me recently you were going to stay away from my threads but here you are for what seems like millionth time this week trollin'. my problem is i just keep biting on your bait. what am i doing with myself. i'm arguing with a fucking deadbeat loser on the internet. goodbye!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#215435 1 year, 8 months ago
You guys don't know shit....Phil can't sing because he did too much acid, it was the acid that messed his voice up, the acid
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215437 1 year, 8 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
You guys don't know shit....Phil can't sing because he did too much acid, it was the acid that messed his voice up, the acid

Hah splatter I think you're onto somethin!!! ..now let me prove the foolio again...
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215438 1 year, 8 months ago
A. I am not a troll
B. I post regarding music and memories.
C. You are the one posting at me.... I left you alone ...because you are so full of yourself trust fund kid that knows it all.. I have no respect for someone living on his parents at your age...ok lets go see who addressed who first... you may need to run & hide as I put out the facts...
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215439 1 year, 8 months ago
Here I am posting that the Capitol theater shows in 1970 were hotter than the ones in 1971...

Just sayin - The Capitol theater shows from 1970 are epic and crush any of these 71 shows....... Me

ah the troll came out from under the bridge for a second-- Wlewis

......really son outside of your lil clique here alot of folks laugh at your pompous "ownership" of a public board... who takes it personal.... Um you ..........................
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#215440 1 year, 8 months ago
the facts? you're a loser dude. you don't know me. anybody who does know i ain't no trust fund kid. i'm a man, i work for my money. how i decide to spend and invest it is none of your business. you're still trolling. you don't know me. you never will. get back under the bridge
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215441 1 year, 8 months ago
Read it here... watch the pompous one lash out with no provocation.

www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...little-commemoration

See the problem here is I am an adult who doesn't take to cyber bullying... I am never the one here who has ever thrown the first stone.... if your gonna throw one at me ... guess what I'll respond....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#215442 1 year, 8 months ago
just leave it alone dude i don't appreciate you claiming a bunch of lies about me as fact. just stop. i don't come into your threads and start, why don't you just give it a rest.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215443 1 year, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
the facts? you're a loser dude. you don't know me. anybody who does know i ain't no trust fund kid. i'm a man, i work for my money. how i decide to spend and invest it is none of your business. you're still trolling. you don't know me. you never will. get back under the bridge

HAHAHA what work doyou do? What is your education... you are financed by Mom & Daddy .... I remember you saying you had a "teaching" job before your move.. LOL ... you have no education, no job, live off your parents.. no one can tour without money..that requires a job... and while your at it explain to me why you blew off Denver Man in Red Rocks when he parked exactly where he was supposed to be after 4 months of planning. Oh that goes for you lil clique too. The kynd heady ones strand a brother who took the time to make food, bring goodies,.... yet you & others here were to lazy to even walk down a hill to say hello..worse yet some of you demanded he bring the goodies up the hill... like he is a friggin delivery service!!!
Thats real life shit ..not internet bullshit. Thank god you & them weren't my bros back in the day we never stranded or left a man or woman behind... we were all in it together... for better or worse... you self centered "heads" lol are a disgrace!!!

Just to be clear I laugh in your 5' 6" direction.. troll .....
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215445 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh for the record I'm a loser.... I got a kid in college at a major university on the deans list and a daughter who is valedictorian of her class of 900 being offered scholarships by Ivy League schools. Your claim to fame is I watched a band all over the country on mommy and daddys money that didn't include Jerry Garcia........
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds