• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: sleeper of spring 2011? sunday listenin'

#215606 1 year, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i have a degree, i do teach, i work part time in retail as well.

i didn't blow off denver man. my job and duty was not to meet up with anybody. i go to shows to do my thing if i feel like meeting up i meet up. i spent every afternoon in line with the tarp making sure the whole crew could stand on it. self cenetered right? i texted him and never heard back from him. i saw him at shoreline and vegas. i didn't ask him for goodies or to get me anything, and i certainly never demanded a thing.

Still taking it weirder - Just to be clear here, since this has spiraled out of control now, I never said anything about wlewis blowing me off or asking for or demanding anything. I never thought he blew me off and I never said that he did so that is not true. I have nothing against him and never did, in fact I always considered him to be one of my good friends on this board. Please do not drag me into the middle of your dispute with him, please. I said some things about RR that looking back now I regret but I never said anything about wlewis. I dropped the RR thing nearly 2 months ago so let's just please not bring it up anymore. Just let it all go bro, please let it go. Thank you.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215609 1 year, 11 months ago
I'll respect your wishes, but you really need not back pedal, you were 100% in the right.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#215613 1 year, 11 months ago
Back pedaling from what? What I said about RR? I was disappointed sure but I am way over it. The fire is out and it is wasted energy stoking it back up again. I have too many other things to worry about than stupid shit like that. And again, I never said anything about wlewis personally.

I appreciate you looking out for me but I'm a big boy and can take care of myself. I can forgive, I can let things go and I can move on. Tomorrow is a new day ... right?
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#215614 1 year, 11 months ago
Hey DenverMan!! Hope the "Cool Colarado rain" or really should I say the CO sun is treating you good back at home. You got out of town just before the real shit hit the fan here. Take a look at these 24 hour rain totals:

11 19 1300 36 100 .19 3.08 10 21

HAHA

Its all good though man cuz the local ski areas are getting pounded, though a bit warm today. Hopefully we will be skiing this weekend if the snow level drops tomorrow as predicted.

And as for 3/25/11............really nice, I agree. I took a listen to Dear Prudence, just lovely. And yes, 2011 had some serious great music and moments which was something I was thinking just the other day.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#215616 1 year, 11 months ago
I think this little battle going on here, is pretty interesting reading today. To bad you guys couldnt battle this out on some Guitar hero, that would be cool.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#215617 1 year, 11 months ago
Denver Man has other things to worry about like the Broncos RB. Willis out for the season!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#215619 1 year, 11 months ago
WITS, TIW > Does it seem strange to you that you are consistently in the middle of the crap that gets created on this board? It should because it tells me what everyone here already knows.

Nobody is above reproach here but most try not to get confrontational with everything that gets said. You obviously don't like the sensibilities on this board because they don't fit your MO. WLewis has had your back more than most here and you still take the opportunity to shit on him.

There is a place for everyone here as long as that person maintains some level of civility. But your goal doesn't seem to be a contributing member of this community. You are a taker. Go ahead and tell me all about your the miracles you've kicked down, all the people you've helped when times got tough, and your children that are all gifted because of your considerable guidance and intellectual prowess. All of it means nothing to me if all you do is just suck the energy out of this place and cast a pall over the wonderful vibe that many people look to create and maintain.

Take a long, hard look in the mirror my friend. You take - period. Start giving or go somewhere else.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#215620 1 year, 11 months ago
Along the great 2011 line, I think it all started with the 3 day run in Broomfield in Feb of 2011. Those 3 shows just had such a great groove that it set the tone for the year, whicih was pretty remarkable in the "GD history" (for lack of a better descripttion, please dont beat me up and say Furthur is "not part of that" or a "cover band" or whatever else, just a term).

Meaning, like 1977 was a great year as we all can agree??? Right???? Ok I am joking, but seriously most consider 1977 a great year.

2011 falls in to that category, a great year. Non-stop great music. Some great "new" tunes. Tons of new song set ups. Great scenes at the venues (no posers for the most part, a little worse in 2012).

here's my vote for a sleeper show from the Fall Tour, opening night in Eugene:

archive.org/details/furthur2011-09-23.sb...ficial.116378.flac16

Above is soundboard. This Larson audience pull is probably even better:

archive.org/details/furthur2011-09-23.ad...larson.116425.flac24
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#215621 1 year, 11 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Denver Man has other things to worry about like the Broncos RB. Willis out for the season!

Yeah that's a bitch for sure! Someone has got to step up. Maybe he'll be back in time for playoffs. I won't miss his fumbles though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#215622 1 year, 11 months ago
Griff - I was thinking about you when I saw all that snow that was coming your way!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds