• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: mnthead signing off

#217062 1 year, 4 months ago
maybe stick around for another gem of a show... Ok, so you danced thru a coupla so so's.... the fire is still out there..on

the Mountain!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217068 1 year, 4 months ago
Bilbo wrote:
maybe stick around for another gem of a show... Ok, so you danced thru a coupla so so's.... the fire is still out there..on

the Mountain!

Ok, I believe you......I think:lol:

....and if so, call the fire department!
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217486 1 year, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Is that why this keeps getting bumped despite my best efforts?? I give up, let's glorify all the trolls around here and make sure everything they post stays right up front!!

I'd still like to know whom you consider a troll. Also, what is the definition of troll?
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#217526 1 year, 4 months ago
From Urbandictionary.com:

1. troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

1c. Noun
A member of an internet forum who continually harangues and harasses others. Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

2a. Noun
Sometimes compared to the Japanese ‘Oni’, a troll is a supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, whose race was thought to have carried massive stones into the countryside (although actually the result of glaciers). Lives in hills, mountains, caves, or under bridges. They are stupid, large, brutish, hairy, long-nosed, and bug-eyed, and may also have multiple heads or horns. Trolls love to eat ...
more...

3. Troll

An angry monster who lives under a bridge, eats goats, and vents his rage on youtube.
The trolls shat angry comments all over the comment board.
buy troll mugs & shirts
keyboard warrior flaming anal cunt immature phaggot fat phaggot ass flamer

4. troll

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

5. troll

Someone who is purposefully posting on a forum/messageboard/site sith the sole aim to irritate the regular members.

Contrary to popular belief there is much more to internet trolling than posting "OMG UR ALL SO GHEYYYY!!!1" "OMFG TRIVIUM SUX ASS U FAGS LOL" and the like. People who post such things will usually be one-post wonders and get banned, however the more experienced troll will attempt to cause some sort of havoc under the admins radar.

Common examples of trolling:
The long-term troll:
These guys don't mind waiting around for the fun to begin. They may pretend to be an average n00b, and give themselves the stereotyical interest(s) of the average member of said forum, then once having a few posts they will gradually try to spread dissent. This type may even pretend to be pally to the admin and get their msn (and try to crack their account password of course) whilst causing general disruption. May act under other proxies and slate these fake trolls on msn to the aforementioned gullible admin. These people, to be frank, usually have no life and love bringing message boards to their knees by putting considerable time into their carnage. If they crack the admins password the board is doomed.

The sophisticated troll:
This type will usually have some sort of distaste for whatever the said message board is discussing and try to cause annoyance as opposed to destructiveness. They will parody the members and see how much they can get over their heads. Subtle piss...
more...

6. troll

1. A large, brutish creature of European myth, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to the Japanese oni.
2. A dumbass who makes idiotic posts in message boards newsgroups for the sole purpose of pissing people off, often lacking in intelligence. Sometimes compared to people who pass you by on the sidewalk then grab you in inappropriate places.
1. "AAAAAAHH, it's a troll!"
"Protect the women and children! Grab your torches!"
2. "AAAAAAHH, it's a troll!"
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#217529 1 year, 4 months ago
i think this is the first officially documented case of self deportation. i really wasn't going for it when Mit was trying to sell it during the campaign, but mnthead has proven me wrong.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

AcidTestGraduate's Own Little Crap Thread

#217609 1 year, 4 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Is that why this keeps getting bumped despite my best efforts?? I give up, let's glorify all the trolls around here and make sure everything they post stays right up front!!

I'd still like to know whom you consider a troll. Also, what is the definition of troll?

As long as you asked, I definitely consider you a troll. I'm sure that comes as no surprise to you, ATG or whomever you might be. The vast majority of your posts fall right into that category, clearly intentionally. But of all the sleazy posts you made, this one is the sleaziest. So let me put it here, and now you can consider this your very own little thread, and put all the crap you want in here. Just please, stay the hell out of the flag thread with your offensive, juvenile posts. They fit in better here with all your other crap. I'll even keep this bumped to the top, just for you, since I know you're very concerned about thread bumping, at least you sure seem to monitor it and comment on it a lot. So we'll keep this at the top, and you feel free to post all you want. We'll make sure you get lots of attention in here, since that's what you seem to thrive on. Bringing us right back around to why you're a troll.

AcidTestGraduate wrote:
How did this happen? How did it get there? Doesn't look good. A severe shortage of color in their garb.
uhoh.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Someone Somewhere must have had a bad day

#217618 1 year, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

As long as you asked, I definitely consider you a troll. I'm sure that comes as no surprise to you, ATG or whomever you might be. The vast majority of your posts fall right into that category, clearly intentionally. But of all the sleazy posts you made, this one is the sleaziest. So let me put it here, and now you can consider this your very own little thread, and put all the crap you want in here. Just please, stay the hell out of the flag thread with your offensive, juvenile posts. They fit in better here with all your other crap. I'll even keep this bumped to the top, just for you, since I know you're very concerned about thread bumping, at least you sure seem to monitor it and comment on it a lot. So we'll keep this at the top, and you feel free to post all you want. We'll make sure you get lots of attention in here, since that's what you seem to thrive on. Bringing us right back around to why you're a troll.

AcidTestGraduate wrote:
How did this happen? How did it get there? Doesn't look good. A severe shortage of color in their garb.
uhoh.jpg

Allow me to retort.

"As long as you asked, I definitely consider you a troll. I'm sure that comes as no surprise to you, ATG or whomever you might be. The vast majority of your posts fall right into that category, clearly intentionally. But of all the sleazy posts you made, this one is the sleaziest."

Ok, so I'm a troll, according to you. Don't think I'll be losing any sleep over that tonight. That YOU think that doesn't come as any surprise to me, as you seem to be part of the jury that decides what is good and bad on this forum.

Fyi, someone whom you all know, that will remain nameless, sent me a pm today saying they got a good laugh over my picture. It was intended as a joke, you know, ha ha. Apparently you didn't get it. There seems to be some question as to the whereabouts of this flag, and I thought of it maybe getting into the wrong hands....oh never mind, this explanation is futile. A matter of fact I believe someone called me a rather unflattering name in response (shithead)

By the way, can you site these other "sleazy" posts?

Would this have anything to do with my comments thanking the moderator for our free Forum and the work they do, when you bitched and moaned about something not to your liking, which it seems you later withdrew? Enlighten me on something here......have you spent out of pocket one red cent to allow this forum to exist? If the answer is no (as I suspect it is) then you are in no place to tell anyone anything about what is allowed, permitted, tolerated or what/where/when posts should be made. Perhaps I'm unaware of a policy that states if you post incessantly that you get to be the sherriff? That wouldn't be you I guess, that would make you the deputy?
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: Someone Somewhere must have had a bad day

#217620 1 year, 4 months ago
by the way, my picture was in no way meant to cast any aspersions on the character of anyone who has ever posed with that flag or make any associations therein. Again, it was a joke
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#217622 1 year, 4 months ago
Thanks for posting in here, ATG! I'll keep it bumped for you. And as for being sheriff, no, actually I'm the bailiff. There are a few judges. Feel free to submit your claims to the court. I'd love to see their ruling on whether they think you're funny or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#217623 1 year, 4 months ago
It was a joke in poor taste. And you knew it. It's designed to annoy. That's what makes your posts sleazy.
Your empty, and your just crying for attention. As far as I'm concerned, everyone should report that post
to the admin.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Time to create page: 1.25 seconds