• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

quitting cigarettes...

#21453 3 years, 4 months ago
sucks. really really really bad.
reb
Visitor

Re: quitting cigarettes...

#21456 3 years, 4 months ago
but the rewards are going to be very very very positive.

i am assuming that you are quitting so karma point for you.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#21457 3 years, 4 months ago
trying. pulling my hair out in the process but really really trying.
jay
Fresh Boarder

#21459 3 years, 4 months ago
I've gotten so sick from cigs. (C.O.P.D.) that I need surgery. chest tubes, the whole 9 yards. And you know what I still can't stop. It's imho the hardest drug to defeat.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#21476 3 years, 4 months ago
i smoked for 6 solid years a pack a day cowboy killers, quit cold turkey for 3 1/2, and now i'll have one on the weekends-- its all about control, and you have to really want it--don't bother trying to quit if you don't actually want to quit
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21478 3 years, 4 months ago
my father smoked his whole life had to get 5x bypass & heart attack kept on smoking got COPD NOW WENT TO HOSPITAL LAST YEAR TO GET SOME BLOCKED ARTIES DONE HAD 2ND HEART ATTACK STILL SMOKING ,LESS BUT STILL.THEY SAY THEY ARE MORE ADDICTIVE THE HEROIN IM INCLINED TO BELIEVE THEM sorry caps loc was on
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#21523 3 years, 4 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
my father smoked his whole life had to get 5x bypass & heart attack kept on smoking got COPD NOW WENT TO HOSPITAL LAST YEAR TO GET SOME BLOCKED ARTIES DONE HAD 2ND HEART ATTACK STILL SMOKING ,LESS BUT STILL.THEY SAY THEY ARE MORE ADDICTIVE THE HEROIN IM INCLINED TO BELIEVE THEM sorry caps loc was on

I heard that too, I smoked for 16 years straight, quit several times, now I've been cigarette free since November of last year. I hope your father gets better. I feel for ya, man.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#21527 3 years, 4 months ago
a lot of mixed reviews on the shantex stuff but my grandma quit with it after smoking 40+ years then my mom followed after at least 20 and they both quit without having 1 single cigg or craving since they finished the stuff.

I heard of people not wanting to use shantex cause of negative effects but come on, theres no way the couple months you use it for will do more harm then you keeping on smoking......
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#21533 3 years, 4 months ago
Hey, man ima applaud u on tryin to quit. I dont really have any advice. Smoke since i was 14, up until last year, so i guess like 6 years. The weirdes thing is that i didnt even feel like i was quitting, cus i jus stopped. There wasnt any real battle with it. Probably woulda been different without herb. Now i cant even stand the smell of cigarettes. Sooooooo, good luck dude. I recommend blazing a little extra if ur fiending for a cig. =-)

P.S. lots of people who smoke dont evn lik smokin, they jus hav a whatchacallit. An oral fixation or sumtin, where u jus need to be doin something wit ur hands/mouth. Try toothpicks.

P.S. They also have those douschy metal nicotene vapor cigarettes, but iono much bout em.
P.S. I love you all (evn u capt tony, ya pain in the ass)lol =-)
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#21535 3 years, 4 months ago
Quitting anything is hard. Im in process of trying to stop opiates. Not the same thing I know but stilll addicting

GOOD LUCK
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by brokenarrow. Reason: needed to
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds