• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Bob Weir vs. Phil Lesh

#215811 1 year, 11 months ago
kevin wrote:
anyone who says "If you don't like the thread, don't reply" is avoiding another opinion than their own.
That's oversimplifying the situation. Aside that, it's a little different when someone drops in once and says "This thread is bullshit, and I don't like it" vs. dropping in every page or two to remind us that "This thread is bullshit, and I don't like it." I'm interested in everyone's opinion...until it is obvious their motives are other than the conversation. And that isn't aimed at Denver Man. It happens all the time and all over message boards. If anyone is being rude and disruptive, it isn't the person asking, "Why again are you reading this thread?"

As for dissecting posts, I won't apologize for that. There's a lot of content in some posts. Lots of angles. It's too easy to misunderstand replies. I like to be specific and hope that I'm not creating a situation for misunderstanding. And I might agree with one sentence and think the next sentence it total bullpucky.

kevin wrote:
Can't we all just get along as friends?
Absolutely. But it probably doesn't hurt my chances of connecting with people, just for instance, by not going into every sports thread and "let's stop with the sports threads", "I hate when people talk about sports", "Why do you people waste this much time talking about sports?", etc etc. I love playing sports. I'll go throw the football, shag/hit some flies, zip the frisbee, hit the tennis or basketball courts, play softball on a bar team if you need another body any chance I get. It irritates me more than I care to admit that people spend as much time talking about sports and surrounding the TV to watch sports, so seeing threads about it can sometimes cause my brain to misfire. So guess what I do? I do my best to not open threads about sports. For my health. To not disrupt the pleasure others obviously get from watching and jaw-jacking about sports.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by ZenoMarx.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Bob Weir vs. Phil Lesh

#215895 1 year, 11 months ago
It's totally my fault Zeno. Usually I can ignore you condescending tone, this time I slipped up. I need to work harder on that.

As soon as I saw this thread I knew it would immediately turn into a Bob Weir bashing. BUT everyone is entitled to what they think and I have never stood in front of other's opinions. I just wish I never got involved with this.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds