• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Bob Weir vs. Phil Lesh

#215699 1 year, 10 months ago
i_be_sublime wrote:
stricken wrote:
When you put vs in it becomes one or the other and both are a part of the whole music we love so if the point of this thread is to start some kind of feud or refuel one all i can say is childish.
ANd if you have to ask who is better i think you dont get the whole picture of whats going on with the making of the music.
If you did you would know that the bass is doing his own thing and by that running scales but not just scales alone sometimes the bass holds the rhythm up so another can play lead over it.One way a bass player can be evaluated is by the ability to hold the rhythm.
Im going on and on and the best way to put it is if you like fruit salad there may be some in the mix you dont care for but the next person loves it. so it matters to you no need for someone else to tell you your correct or wrong.
Kinda like liking amish macaroni salad over the traditional salad what ya saying?We agree amish is better but does that make us right?It just makes it OUR choice.right?Or am i missing something here?I love it all and am grateful for all i ever heard.I personally had a blast seeing pl&f and it was more of a good time then i had at my last couple furthur shows.I think the thread should have been if ya see furthur 30 times then see bobby or phil 1 or a couple times after all that furthur would nt just seem natyral that whichever ya had a better time at would be who ya pick.Otherwise your just basing your opinion on who ya liked better when they were all alive and playing together.i think wlewis put it right when he said i would never wanna see them seperate anyway if it was my choice.I did nt see bobby solo so i cant say but man i sure did love those phil shows.But forever grateful and deadicated to them all and all thier side projects!!!!!

I think you are missing something but we cant spend all day looking for your marbles.

what really is at the point of one without the other AND here I THOUGHT the damn election was over.
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#215702 1 year, 10 months ago
Jay lane..pic is older
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#215703 1 year, 10 months ago
kevin wrote:
www.google.com/imgres?q=furthur&num=...t:429,r:42,s:0,i:269

Who"s the guy in the background ???

Pic from Merriweather this past summer

Jay Lane
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

#215709 1 year, 10 months ago
Don't really understand why people lashed out when I first started that Furthur -vs- P&F thread. I think half of the people didn't really understand the discussion itself, while lots of others acted like I'm ungrateful for even mentioning it. Well, sorryyy! Thanks to those who got it and/or defended me. I thought this place would be perfect to start that conversation. Hmmm.....what CAN we discuss without touchy Deadheads getting offended?? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I guess nothing at all.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#215712 1 year, 10 months ago
You may as well start a thread on which of your children you like better. It's begging for bad stuff to come out. This is a week for being thankful for what we have not pitting people against each other. Did you not get enough of that crap from Obama/Romney?

I know I know "What's wrong with you people", "What's wrong with some folks" yeah yeah I get it...

Bob and Phil I love you both. Furthur/PL&F/WRG/Weir/Ratdog - I love you all. Thanks for everything you have done, everything you do and everything you are planning on doing.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#215713 1 year, 10 months ago
So is Furthur touring this spring or not ???? and did I hear Jay is coming back

She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#215716 1 year, 10 months ago
ecojaded wrote:

I heard from someone it was" Scaring the children,Furthur,withPhil&friends.
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#215722 1 year, 10 months ago
ecojaded wrote:

Russo is awesome....but I think adding Jay Lane would be pretty cool. Another layer of percussion would be very interesting.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#215735 1 year, 10 months ago
devtmm wrote:
Russo is awesome....but I think adding Jay Lane would be pretty cool. Another layer of percussion would be very interesting.
It was clear that Lane didn't want to be there at the end of his run. He was barely playing during the shows. Leaning on the drums on his elbows, looking bored and sometimes sad. I don't know what the cause for all that was, but it was a drag to see. He has a couple of great gigs now. His talents are wasted if he isn't on a full kit. I don't feel Furthur needs two running kits. Phil appears to prefer a single drummer, and outside of Bill and Mickey, I agree with him.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#215739 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
It's begging for bad stuff to come out.
No, it actually isn't.

Denver Man wrote:
This is a week for being thankful for what we have not pitting people against each other.
You're right. We should be thankful. I know I am. But there's been very little pitting so far; unless you prefer to see mature conversation with opinion as pitting. I do not.

Denver Man wrote:
Did you not get enough of that crap from Obama/Romney?
You've said this a few times. I haven't seen most of this thread rise anywhere near that. It feels like sensationalism. Like we need this huge headline "Child Torn to Shreds by a Pride of Wild Cats", and then you read the story to find out a child was poking the family cat with his plastic baseball bat, and the cat took a swipe at him and scratched the back of his hand.

Why do you continue to read this thread. It truly seems to bother you. Do you seek out things that make you feel bad and that, in turn, make you want to passive-aggressively lash out? I don't say that to be mean. I'd really like to understand the motivation of purposely putting yourself into situations you clearly don't enjoy. This isn't like getting caught in a squabble at a bar because you're at the wrong place at the wrong time. You keep opening the thread. You keep engaging it. Are you hoping to change people?
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#215766 1 year, 10 months ago
I am not hoping anything Zeno. I guess I'm glutton for punishment. Thanks for picking apart my posts and giving me your professional psychoanalysis. i don't know what I would do with out your grand wisdom. Now i can go on with my day. Again thank you very much.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#215807 1 year, 10 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
It's begging for bad stuff to come out.
No, it actually isn't.

Denver Man wrote:
This is a week for being thankful for what we have not pitting people against each other.
You're right. We should be thankful. I know I am. But there's been very little pitting so far; unless you prefer to see mature conversation with opinion as pitting. I do not.

Denver Man wrote:
Did you not get enough of that crap from Obama/Romney?
You've said this a few times. I haven't seen most of this thread rise anywhere near that. It feels like sensationalism. Like we need this huge headline "Child Torn to Shreds by a Pride of Wild Cats", and then you read the story to find out a child was poking the family cat with his plastic baseball bat, and the cat took a swipe at him and scratched the back of his hand.

Why do you continue to read this thread. It truly seems to bother you. Do you seek out things that make you feel bad and that, in turn, make you want to passive-aggressively lash out? I don't say that to be mean. I'd really like to understand the motivation of purposely putting yourself into situations you clearly don't enjoy. This isn't like getting caught in a squabble at a bar because you're at the wrong place at the wrong time. You keep opening the thread. You keep engaging it. Are you hoping to change people?

I hit "thank you"by mistake,
Zeno, this is a public forum and there is no "moderator" to dictate the course of the discussion, dissecting another's words is rather rude and presumptive, anyone who says "If you don't like the thread, don't reply" is avoiding another opinion than their own
Can't we all just get along as friends?
-- smell every flower --
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds