• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Crossfire Hurricane - Stones fans don't miss* Edit

#214240 1 year, 8 months ago
Watched Crossfire Hurricane last night ---its a new 2 hour documentary on the Stones made with Stones blessing and includes new interviews with the Stones..even if they are filmed in the dark. Simply awesome. Tons of never before seen footage and really the first hour or so is dedicated to their first 6 yrs. The riot videos from the 60's are unbelievable. They never finsihed a show in the early days they would bet on how far into the show people would riot...seriously riot. Storm the stage try to rip the musicians apart. Fight cops........ average show length 10 minutes.. lots of great footage and stuff on Brian Jones ..including him sitting in a circle with the stones in the studio recording the great slide playing on No Expectations..what Mick says was his last recorded contribution to the Stones. Anyway its on *EDIT: HBO I'm sure they are gonna replay the shit out of it... ( oh and lots!!! of backstage stuff....and they did not edit ALL of the partying out...) Best and most accurate portrayal of the Stones I have ever seen.

*My bad its HBO and it is allready on demand under documentarys.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, alilfurther, spring mountain high, FurthurFlower67
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Crossfire Hurricane - Stones fans don't miss

#214246 1 year, 8 months ago
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#214255 1 year, 8 months ago
I will l check it out thanks
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#214301 1 year, 8 months ago
oh fuck yeah gonna watch the shit out of this...thanks for the heads up
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#214319 1 year, 8 months ago
I just watched it. Really cool footage and interesting interviews. Too bad these guys never had any fun
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#214334 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks for the heads up bro, cant wait to watch!
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#215555 1 year, 8 months ago
Had a chance to watch this over the weekend. Really interesting from so many perspectives, not least of which for me is history.

Watching to "riots" from the concerts in the 1962-1965 range is amazing. Not really riots, just kids "getting crazy", breaking free from the bonds of societal norms. Like they had been repressed for so lomg that they had no choice. Kind of reminds me of 12-14 year old kids that go out on a vandalism spree one night. They feel bad after and really did not think it was right per so to do it, but they had to break free just once.

It also reminds me of Punk Rock 30 years later. When it in the late 70s and early 80s that was the new area of release for kids, after the 70s decade of wandering and so much pointless crap out of the mainstream media.

Yet perhaps the most interesting thing to me was the Altamont piece. I had always been lead to believe that it was the Stones "fault". I never saw Gimme Shelter, so my bad there. But it really didn't seem like it was thier fault per se, and certainly Mick seems to try and calm the audience down, but that was not going to happen.

What a sad event in the SF-area history and at that time. I would have been interested to see how things played out leaving the 60s in to the 70s if this did not happen. Though maybe this was the poster child for the collapse of the peace movement in 68 and 69 versus the event that changed things. Meaning it sounds like it all over by this tme and this was just the exclamation point.

Looking back, how sad that such a great chance to really change things was wasted..........and somewhat lieterally. That being wasted became the goal, not changing the world.............
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#215582 1 year, 8 months ago
NEVER HAD FUN AHAHAHAHAHHA !!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#215598 1 year, 8 months ago
Hey griff here is a lil more info they didn't cover regarding Altamount. It was Jerry, yes Jerry who suggested using the Hells Angels for security. I thought it was cool of the Stones not to um mention this, it is in Gimme Shelter. Another thing they did not mention ahem "allegedly" the Stones came on 2 and 1/2 hours late because Mick thought his make up looked better in the dark. This left the crowd 2 1/2 hours of nothing to do but get rowdier and rowdier & more wasted.

Ok for the hardcore Stones heads I went on a lil stones viewing binge this weekend... I finally watched "Stones in Exile" it was put out 2 years ago when the re-released a remastered Exile on Main Street with bonus tracks. If you are a hard core Stones fan you gotta get this one. Nearly 2 hours of "the making of Exile on Main Street" with tons of footage and the story of how they made it in a mansion in the south of France when they bolted England for tax reasons. Arguably the stones masterpiece--commentary from other musicians on how it affected them ..some of whom you would never guess. Let me just say they threw a helluva party for about 8 months as they made this.. don't wanna give anymore away. Run don't walk to get it.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds