• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

Re: Friday Distraction: Favorite Thanksgiving Food??

#214332 1 year, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
It's less than a week until Turkey day!! What's everyone's favorite part of the Thanksgiving feast? Aside from the after-dinner nap and the football, of course. I'm pretty fond of basic mashed potatoes with good gravy, but one of my family's traditions was wild rice with mushrooms and onions, sauteed in a ton of butter. We'd fight over the seconds for that. I've also got a piece of pecan pie with my name on it that I can't wait to get to next week.

So, what's yummy on your menu?

Whatever.

What I want YOU to do is explain to the audience the RACIST origins of Thanksgiving in America. How can a good progressive baby abortion supporting, social justice crusader like yourself even acknowledge such racist things ? Hypocrite !

Thanks for the explanation.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by mtnhead.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#214335 1 year, 8 months ago
Well, that's a bit harsh, but I do think the conversation is a worthy one.

I always feel like a complete asshole on this day if I'm unable to avoid remembering its history. I was watching American Horror Story last night, and because this year's arc involves a Nazi SS, I couldn't help but think about our own little brushed under the rug genocide (pretty damn successful one...as we'll see by the responses here). They've re-educated all of us very well.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#214338 1 year, 8 months ago
History is not taught at all in American public indoctrination centers. Ideology is. For proof, see the election and re-election of G. W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama, two of the most egregious violators of the U.S. Constitution to ever hold public elected office in America.

A mildly interesting read

brokenmystic.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/th...an-history-textbook/
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#214446 1 year, 8 months ago
Happy Thanksgiving to All

-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by kevin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#214554 1 year, 8 months ago
The Pope's Nose......greasy, crispy, crackily good
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#214556 1 year, 8 months ago
turkey drumsticks
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

#214563 1 year, 8 months ago
I don't mind turkey, but the highlight of our extended family's meal for me is the standing rib roast with GRAVY of course. Of course I'm the one who takes it out of the oven! Gluttonous carnivore that I am. The mushrooms and wild rice are the perfect compliment. And the Merlot.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#214592 1 year, 8 months ago
skin, especially the part where the stuffing and skin merge as one bonded together, working in harmonious umami symmetry
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#216052 1 year, 8 months ago
Good Gravy !!!!!!!!!

I"m HUNGRY already !!!!!!!!!!

REAL cranberry sauce, none of that canned crap
-- smell every flower --
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#216054 1 year, 8 months ago
kevin wrote:
Good Gravy !!!!!!!!!

I"m HUNGRY already !!!!!!!!!!

REAL cranberry sauce, none of that canned crap

Me too, it's all I can do not to start diving into the pies already!! I know what you mean about the cranberries, I love really good, fresh cranberry sauces and relish. Still, I have to admit that the jellied canned stuff, with the can marks still on it while it jiggles, is a sentimental favorite of mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#216061 1 year, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

Me too, it's all I can do not to start diving into the pies already!! I know what you mean about the cranberries, I love really good, fresh cranberry sauces and relish. Still, I have to admit that the jellied canned stuff, with the can marks still on it while it jiggles, is a sentimental favorite of mine.

mmm, I just finished making cranberry chutney. But I still have the jellied cranberry serving dish that was once my grandmother's. What else does it make sense to be used for?
Drazzaz
Junior Boarder

#216063 1 year, 8 months ago
Call me crazy, but a family tradition has always been clam dip, fresh clam dip made from great great grandmothers formula passed down thru the years, its awesome. don't get me wrong, I love the turkey and all that goes with it, but that clam dip to this day will rock my world! CAN'T WAIT!
"Sometimes a great Notion"
Time to create page: 4.28 seconds