• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lightchaser
Platinum Boarder

Re: Friday Distraction: Favorite Thanksgiving Food??

#214563 1 year, 11 months ago
I don't mind turkey, but the highlight of our extended family's meal for me is the standing rib roast with GRAVY of course. Of course I'm the one who takes it out of the oven! Gluttonous carnivore that I am. The mushrooms and wild rice are the perfect compliment. And the Merlot.
Thank You Cody, we are forever Grateful!
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#214592 1 year, 11 months ago
skin, especially the part where the stuffing and skin merge as one bonded together, working in harmonious umami symmetry
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#216052 1 year, 11 months ago
Good Gravy !!!!!!!!!

I"m HUNGRY already !!!!!!!!!!

REAL cranberry sauce, none of that canned crap
-- smell every flower --
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#216054 1 year, 11 months ago
kevin wrote:
Good Gravy !!!!!!!!!

I"m HUNGRY already !!!!!!!!!!

REAL cranberry sauce, none of that canned crap

Me too, it's all I can do not to start diving into the pies already!! I know what you mean about the cranberries, I love really good, fresh cranberry sauces and relish. Still, I have to admit that the jellied canned stuff, with the can marks still on it while it jiggles, is a sentimental favorite of mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#216061 1 year, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

Me too, it's all I can do not to start diving into the pies already!! I know what you mean about the cranberries, I love really good, fresh cranberry sauces and relish. Still, I have to admit that the jellied canned stuff, with the can marks still on it while it jiggles, is a sentimental favorite of mine.

mmm, I just finished making cranberry chutney. But I still have the jellied cranberry serving dish that was once my grandmother's. What else does it make sense to be used for?
Drazzaz
Junior Boarder

#216063 1 year, 11 months ago
Call me crazy, but a family tradition has always been clam dip, fresh clam dip made from great great grandmothers formula passed down thru the years, its awesome. don't get me wrong, I love the turkey and all that goes with it, but that clam dip to this day will rock my world! CAN'T WAIT!
"Sometimes a great Notion"
roxannedetierro
Fresh Boarder

#216336 1 year, 11 months ago
As Thanksgiving is nearing, I’m starting to crave the food that my family serves on that day. Although I love eating everything, my favorite part of Thanksgiving is eating pumpkin pie or having cranberry sauce with my turkey. It makes my mouth water as I’m typing this.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#216371 1 year, 10 months ago
Next year I have to get to the kitchen and make the gravy. My sister-in-law is great, but whatever that beige, gelatinous substance is that she calls "gravy" is absolutely inedible. I've put up with it for 2 years, but if she's having Thanksgiving again next year, I've got to do something about it. I miss good gravy!!!
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#216427 1 year, 10 months ago
not having good gravy can almost ruin the dinner. yikes!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds