• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

any Burning Man followers on the Board?

#21409 3 years, 4 months ago
I've never been to this event but I'd like to check it out. Is it worth the drive ?

www.burningman.com/

8/29--9/5/11
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by the highway terror.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: any Burning Man followers on the Board?

#21413 3 years, 4 months ago
Its on my list of things to do. I've wanted to attend a burn for a while...from what I hear, yes it is worth the drive
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21485 3 years, 4 months ago
looks wild thats for sure
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#21675 3 years, 4 months ago
Might be worth the drive if you take one of the art cars that are all over La Playa
artcarfest.com/info.html

I've never been but did make it to a couple of Burning Man parties in Oakland in giant warehouses that were pretty much impossible to describe. Friends go almost every year. I'm thinking about next year. If it was just the nights, I'd be a Burner..desert days can be rough that time of year. There are artist communities here in SF that prep for it all year.

Like the GD scene, it's grown so big that some older Burners are taking a break, say it's gone too commercial... it's a giant assortment of unique mostly huge, towering art and people..I'm not a techno guy but I hear there's a ton of other music out there, bands like Hamsa Lila, bluegrass, funk, everything. and an endless assortment of fun to encounter..People set up areas, one is a huge roller rink you can skate to disco, the next space is a huge water slide..all free...on and on.....lots of bartering, sharing, partying, sand. busloads of sand.. people come home with layers of crud.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds