• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Bones Brigade: An Autobiography documentary skate

#213615 1 year, 11 months ago
I like Stacy Peralta's doc film style a lot. Dogtown and Z-Boys brought tears of joy and family. Really beautiful stuff that resonates greatly in my life and memories. I cannot wait to see this. (would like to grab a couple of the reissue decks as well).

bonesbrigade.com/preorder/

www.imdb.com/title/tt2129928/
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by ZenoMarx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, bluetrainsugaree
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

Re: Bones Brigade: An Autobiography documentary skate

#213789 1 year, 11 months ago
If you grab the free download of Animal Chin, they give you a stencil set so you can go spraypaint the town. I never did that kind of thing, but stenciled symbols on buildings and sidewalks does bring back some smiles. Kind of like the hobo symbols speaking to other hobos and creating culture and community.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#215829 1 year, 11 months ago
an acquaintance of mine puts a lot of work into this blog. if you like old hardcore and skate music, maybe you'll find something you'll enjoy.
bloggedquartered.blogspot.com/
Cosmicdavid
Junior Boarder
If you get confused listen to the music play!

#215830 1 year, 11 months ago
I grew up a southern California skateboarder myself (I only stopped skating to work when I moved to Colorado and only because I didn't need to anymore) the bones brigade were our heroes second only to the Z boys. I'm glad you threw this up.
Carlsbad, Bedford, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos, Escondido, Ukiah, Woodland Park, Manitou Springs....and that's just the locations over the past 7 years! How many more places will David and Family reside?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#215837 1 year, 11 months ago
"Considering skateboarding as a mind-body activity and relating it to Yoga and Taiji can allow insight into the less than obvious internal processes at work. It is not sheer athleticism—strength, endurance, etc.—that make a good skateboarder; a good skateboarder must be a master of balance, focus, perseverance, creative ingenuity, and fear management. It takes heart and vision (and a good sense of humor) to ride a skateboard, not muscle. Cultivation of the heart and vision are among the primary intentions of a traditional mind-body activity, and they do not involve a painstaking enhancement of the ego, but quite the opposite. Skateboarders have as much to learn about the physical aspects of their craft from these ancient disciplines as they do about the internal, mental, and spiritual aspects."

arthurmag.com/2008/05/04/skateboarding-a...rthur-column-debuts/
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#215857 1 year, 11 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
"Considering skateboarding as a mind-body activity and relating it to Yoga and Taiji can allow insight into the less than obvious internal processes at work. It is not sheer athleticism—strength, endurance, etc.—that make a good skateboarder; a good skateboarder must be a master of balance, focus, perseverance, creative ingenuity, and fear management. It takes heart and vision (and a good sense of humor) to ride a skateboard, not muscle. Cultivation of the heart and vision are among the primary intentions of a traditional mind-body activity, and they do not involve a painstaking enhancement of the ego, but quite the opposite. Skateboarders have as much to learn about the physical aspects of their craft from these ancient disciplines as they do about the internal, mental, and spiritual aspects."

arthurmag.com/2008/05/04/skateboarding-a...rthur-column-debuts/

Interesting quote...as a skater...i always used to listen to the dead...the flow and energy of both activities lended themselves to each other very well.

And love the bones brigade...I collect and restore 80's vintage boards
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#224884 1 year, 9 months ago
said to be now on Netflix. haven't had time to check. Hope so.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#224885 1 year, 9 months ago
My buddy watched it on Netflix ....said is really good
GOOD LOVE
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#224891 1 year, 9 months ago
Cool, thanks for this. I hadnt heard about this movie though did see the Dogtown and can say I had the orginal Tony Alva skate deck. I loved the whole dogtown scene when I was 10 y/o old having moved to Seattle from San Francisco in 1975. I had my ramp in my backyard and skated every day.

Somewhere along the line I lost the skateboard, which I am sure had either bones or kryptonics wheels. Bummer.

So I took my boy to see Dogtown a number of years ago when it came out and we were skating together back in 2001. Unfortunately it really is a young man's sport and ended up blowing up my labrum skating that summer. Now I dont take the chance.

Perhaps my funniest skate story comes from ex-wife, who decided to come to the park one day with us. She decided along the way to try and get on the board, which did not turn out good. Now she is a good athlete and Level 2 ski instructor, but skating was a different story as all she did was simply stand on the board, have it slide out from underneath her and end up skinning her arm and leg. Didn't move on inch. LOL. It would not have been funny if she really got hurt of course.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#224892 1 year, 9 months ago
I don't think people realize it is easier to be moving on a skateboard than just standing still. It's like a bicycle in that way. Most tricks are easiest to learn when moving, too. I remember watching people struggle with learning how to Olly from a standstill, but then when they would add a little forward motion with it, they'd pick it up much more quickly.

You never get too old to feel the wind, listen to the road and wheels, and find Zen atop a skateboard. It's better than tricks. It's far better than tricks. It's too bad they sell the entire experience like a Mountain Dew commercial. It's such an amazing thing. It has such infinite potential on various other levels. And then they turn it into another mass-consumption sport and cheat so many out of what could be. It's sad.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds