• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Canyon
Junior Boarder

Re: patchuloi

#23295 2 years, 11 months ago
Patcholi is the only scent (perfume cologine, oils etc) that I can stand, anything else gives me a headache after too long. No one in my family wears it anymore but I always smile when a catch a whiff on someone outside, I really like it...nothing is a substitute for washing though but I'd rather smell BO than some awful perfume or somethin'...
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Canyon.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: patchouli

#23363 2 years, 11 months ago
A really cool soap is the olive oil green Ayurvedic bar soap. You can get it in Indian grocery stores, or some health food stores. I'll bet that has patchouli in it, along with other herbs and oils, and it smells great. Over application of any scent can be invasive to others for many reasons. I think we can all agree that bathing regularly is a good thing.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Daisy Mae.
brobnsita
Junior Boarder
i'm in the world to change the world

#23372 2 years, 11 months ago
The smell of patchouli is a very nostalgic one for me and I love it! ...in small doses
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#23388 2 years, 11 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
A really cool soap is the olive oil green Ayurvedic bar soap. You can get it in Indian grocery stores, or some health food stores. I'll bet that has patchouli in it, along with other herbs and oils, and it smells great. Over application of any scent can be invasive to others for many reasons. I think we can all agree that bathing regularly is a good thing.

I believe you are thinking of the soap called ''Chandrika"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#23397 2 years, 11 months ago
spinneresque108 wrote:
The 'daily shower' standard is not American. In most of Asia everyone even the poorest people bathe more than once a day. I have seen people in the slums of Kolkata going to the local 'tank' (pond) or city water hose every morning at sunrise and in the afternoon for bathing. They are also way cleaner than Americans or Europeans in their 'toilet' habits. (not going to go into details here...but it makes what we do with paper seem really gross.) Anyway this is off the subject...

I think Patchouli is okay by itself but nicest when mixed with other oils. It's nice that it smells like a Deadshow. But using this or any other excuse to spread all this racist-y hate stuff about people termed 'wookies' is really repulsive and against what the whole Dead scene was like. That 'W-word' did not exist then. But now it is a way that certain showgoers can write off other showgoers because of some way they may appear at first glance. What the hell?? I am as grossed out as anyone by those puppies and prefer to avoid people who smell bad, but to create an entire stereotype made out of these mostly arbitrary attributes? Why???? This judge-y crap does not belong at Dead shows. It makes me sad every time I read it. It didn't used to be like this. Phil said recently (paraphrasing) that magic is available to us at every moment if we are open to it. So why spread this prejudice and hate? People should not have to go into a show-experience with these kinds of negative preconceptions that we created and have propagated. I would start a topic about this alone but I don't want to give this horrid word and concept more attention.

It is great to be clean to dance, for yourself and for others around you.

!
i dont know your being pretty judgemental yourself
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds