• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: patchuloi

#21428 3 years, 5 months ago
I always liked the Gonesh patchuloi incense, though I'm not sure what else you guys are talking about.
reb
Visitor

#21431 3 years, 5 months ago
We are talking about the oil. As PMoondancer says "a little goes a long way". It can be overwhelming because the oil's scent intensifies as the body heats up and you can't wash it away with water. It lingers forever.

It was the official aroma of the nyc head shops in the 60's. The burning incense is pleasant and it was thought that it would disguise the smell of reefer.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#21441 3 years, 5 months ago
The smell doesn't bother me but if someone is using it like cologne or a perfume that would be a little much.
As is the scent just reminds me of "Dead Parking Lot"
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21483 3 years, 5 months ago
As is the scent just reminds me of "Dead Parking Lot"
true dat
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#21496 3 years, 5 months ago
as a substitute for bathing i say NO , it does not make people smell better it just smells like sweat and patchouli
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#21500 3 years, 5 months ago
Not really into the oils, but I love Jenny's patchouli/clove soap.

www.jennysnaturals.com/index.htm
If it rolls, sink it.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#21507 3 years, 5 months ago
patchouli soap is an idea i can get behind if it encourages those who use patchouli as an excuse not to bathe to start doing so
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#21511 3 years, 5 months ago
Funny Thread. Ummm iono, i never really used oils for lik cologne or anything, but id imagine a drop wud do. Ive never gone on an extended tour, jus local stuff, so ima regualar bathman. I dont really understand why someone wook or not travelin on the road could not freshen up a weee bit. Ive showered with a hose many a time, also a thorough bird bath could do the trick. =-) There are also showers sometimes as rest stops. Allll good options.

Peace N Love

P.S. Well get there fast n thn we'll take it slooow
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#23133 3 years, 5 months ago
I always enjoyed the smell of clove cigarettes in the hall because it was the only thing strong enough to block out the patchouli! No, seriously, it smells like mold.I have always felt that there is no substitute for regular bathing with soap, and I can't relate to this au-naturel ethos where body smell is considered good. Try going to Europe sometime. It makes you really glad to be an American with the daily shower standard. I think they only use it because everyone else does. What's wrong with lavender or even rose essential oil?
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#23157 3 years, 5 months ago
I love Patchouli. I've personally never used it as a substitute for bathing, i just like a little on my wrists ~ it is very strong .
Smells are a stronger stimulant to the memory part of the brain than any of the other senses & for me, the smell of patchouli is a ticket back to the summer of '79 when it all began.
I think it smells better the longer it stays on fabrics. I like it as a base for other scents as well. I wish I could remember the name of the patchouli incense that I buy, it's the best incense ever - doesn't smell like smoke, just the essential oils. It'll come to me eventually...probably right after I sign off
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds