• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#251608 1 year, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Well, even without Bob, that was very pleasant! Still, I can't wait for Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be there on Monday, unfortunately. Got a ticket for Mike Nesmith, believe it or not.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#251665 1 year, 4 months ago
Chester wrote:
Steve has some serious treasures. Jerry's setlists, and sheet music! Wow!

yea but it didn't look like steve was worried about keeping them safe or in mint condition

"and these are Jerry's hand written set lists" -- as he pulls a few folded pieces of paper out of his pocket

great show, I really dug this band. Merl's son killed on the bass all night, some really nice teases and solos
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#251666 1 year, 4 months ago
rippleish20 wrote:
These guys are good but the vocals are weak...

I thought Harder They Come was pretty good vocally but started losing interest after that, the band was really good though even if the vocals were a little off key
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#252779 1 year, 4 months ago
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#253871 1 year, 4 months ago
Thanks to TRI Studios for
Tonight at 5:30pm/8:30et it's a Terrapin Crossroads takeover.
What songs do you hope they'll play?

Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paige MoonDancer
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#253913 1 year, 4 months ago
Thanks to Terrapin Crossroads for
The Terrapin Family Band is stoked to have Neil Casal sitting in with them tonight!
Come on by & get down! Music starts around 8:00pm

Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#253980 1 year, 4 months ago
American Jubilee - when I tuned in at set break

Detroit Turnaround* (Ross James original)
One Empty Rose (Brian Lesh original)
El Paso (Ross James original)

*Jason Crosby - violin
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Sustainabill.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#253988 1 year, 4 months ago
Bob and Phil are here listening to the Terrapin Family band play
Bertha...
Jacksin (is Long Gone) - AN (Walking Spanish original)
Angel from Montgomery - ES
San Francisco Rain (Grahame Lesh original)
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Sustainabill.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#254230 1 year, 4 months ago
Weir Here #18 Live from TRI Studios

Showtime: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 5:30pm

Weir is still on vacation (kind of). But the show must go on!
Joining us Wednesday, April 24 is The Soft White Sixties.
The Bay Area rockers just announced they will be playing at
this years Outside Lands. Don't miss their Weir Here debut!

Participate in the conversation online #WeirHere

Wednesday, April 24 5:30pm/8:30pm ET

A free live webcast on www.tristudios.com

To view this webcast, visit www.tristudios.com/watch at showtime.
Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#254390 1 year, 4 months ago
Thanks to TRI Studios for
Good times!

Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#257910 1 year, 3 months ago
Thanks to www.relix.com/features/2013/05/10/weir-s...ratdog-and-solo-gigs

Published: 2013/05/10

by Mike Greenhaus
Weir’s Here: On TRI, RatDog and Solo Gigs

Just prior to his current Furthur tour, Bob Weir spoke about TRI Studios,
RatDog’s return and his new turn as a solo performer.

Photo by Jay Blakesberg

Weir Here

[The] Weir Here [broadcast] started out just as me—solo. In an effort to get the wheels moving—and to start to use the facility [TRI Studios] for what we built it for—I decided to start doing some live shows. Then, I started incorporating guests on those live shows. For the most part, we’ve been getting together relatively early in the afternoon and, by late afternoon, we’re ready to go. [Widespread Panic bassist] Dave Schools has become a regular. He lives around here and I invited him by to do one of the shows. It became apparent to us very quickly that we enjoyed playing together and hanging together.
Plus, he’s quick on the couch.

Co-Bills

Over the past year or two, I’ve been working as a solo artist. Performing solo is a totally different dynamic—the songs are able to reveal themselves in a whole new light and I’m enjoying that thoroughly. The realm that these songs take me to is a whole new place. It’s an intimate dynamic, which is pretty cool. I started doing these solo tours all by myself and then, I did a couple of co-bills with people like Bruce Hornsby, Jackie Greene and Jonathan Wilson. It quickly became obvious to me that one thing I missed doing was playing with other people. I’ve also found that it’s a lot of fun to work with Jackie and Jonathan.
I get to have the solo stuff and then, I have somebody who is going to be fun to play with.

The Variety Show

I haven’t had a lot of time to do a lot of writing as of late, so I’m going to try to do that. I’ll probably [use TRI to record some new songs] even though I haven’t figured out what those will be. I’m not sure if Furthur is going to make a record. We could, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. We probably have enough material to do it but I don’t think Phil [Lesh] would be willing to make a record. I’ve been working on and off with Lukas Nelson, Willie’s son. He’s also a good player and singer. I expect that we’ll probably do a tour as well. Without variety, you can’t have a horse race and I’m getting that now. I’m enjoying it thoroughly.

RatDog’s Return

This summer, RatDog is going to have Jonathan on guitar. It seemed like a fun thing to do and we got a big offer to play from The Peach Music Festival. In order to take full advantage of it, I wanted to make it special, so I brought Jonathan in. He’s a really good player—he’s got really good ears and picks up stuff really fast. He has picked up Dead tunes over the years, so on our recent tour, we went with the tunes he knew and the low-hanging fruit. He learned a couple of new ones [as well]. The guy is a good singer, player and songwriter. What I need to do now is learn a little bit of Jonathan’s stuff. [Laughs.]

Other Orbits

I’d love to expand a bit beyond the Grateful Dead and into other places [at TRI]. For instance, I’d like to start bringing in jazz guys—or maybe Taj Mahal or another bluesman. I’d also like to bring in country artists. We’d mix in a little Dead stuff because that’s a lot of what I can bring to the party. But the idea for TRI has always been to concentrate on variety, and we haven’t quite gotten to where I’m looking to get in regard to that. The National guys were a ball to play with. There were a lot of instruments in that ensemble but everybody was listening and no one was playing too much. With these broadcasts, it’s all about adventure. That’s what the Dead have always been about
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karenrose
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#264594 1 year, 2 months ago
-WeirHere_june19.jpg
Time to create page: 1.21 seconds