• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#247510 1 year, 5 months ago
^^^ Holy moly that's going to be sweet. Meawhile I need to get me a new internet connection!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#247513 1 year, 5 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i was truly hoping there would be some detailed questions, and answers on silly stuff we don't already have available in print

Not all of us are as informed as you. I was pleased to hear these stories told by people that I respect and admire.
You can't always get what you want... Unmet expectations can lead to disappointment... I choose to be grateful that I have the opportunity to witness these magical events without expectations. It's all brand new! Enjoy!

Informed?pick up a fucking book dude
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#247795 1 year, 5 months ago
even if stuff is in print somewhere I have no problem with Bob/Steve and whoever else may be there tell it in their own way from their perspective... Steve talks to much sometimes but still I see the conversations as far more then just 'getting fucked up' talk.... the Q&A session is classic and I don't think Steve is leaving or gonna be left out anytime soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#247817 1 year, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i was truly hoping there would be some detailed questions, and answers on silly stuff we don't already have available in print

Not all of us are as informed as you. I was pleased to hear these stories told by people that I respect and admire.
You can't always get what you want... Unmet expectations can lead to disappointment... I choose to be grateful that I have the opportunity to witness these magical events without expectations. It's all brand new! Enjoy!

Informed?pick up a fucking book dude

Dude, there's no need to be rude. These events encourage me to "pick up a fucking book because I recall reading about some of these stories (probably before you were born). Apparently you have read some of this more recently. Some of us may have forgotten some stories as life's experiences take precedence in our memories. If I had better typing skills I would have transcribed a page from "Playing in the Band" where Grateful Dead as religion was discussed. As you grow, you will probably learn to be more diplomatic and open-minded as you acquire wisdom.
Thank You Jerry
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#247818 1 year, 5 months ago
edit: i am not even going to justify anything i saw here to you or anybody else. you guys can enjoy the open bandwith i will not be using to listen to steve parish ruin what could be a great conversation. i can consult the print to find out the truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by wlewis.
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#247957 1 year, 5 months ago
I miss watching this with you guys bigtime! Since the time change..longer days=longer hours...like 14 hour days. I'm always working Wednesdays so I get off work around 10 pm. I love summertime though. Snorkeling in water 85-90 degrees is the shit.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#247987 1 year, 5 months ago
How much of their memeroies are the truth though?

I just rememeber Bobby saying Pigpen never got on a motorcycle when I've clearly seen a picture of Pigpen on one....

And I just want to add a comment about Steve and his stories, yea they do all seem to be about drug usage and such. But just look at the bands history....it was fueled by drugs! And the fans most of their show experiences are influenced by them too. Not all but you hear stories and everyone's talking about how high they were...it's all part of the community whether you take them or not.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#248023 1 year, 5 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
How much of their memeroies are the truth though?

I just rememeber Bobby saying Pigpen never got on a motorcycle when I've clearly seen a picture of Pigpen on one....

And I just want to add a comment about Steve and his stories, yea they do all seem to be about drug usage and such. But just look at the bands history....it was fueled by drugs! And the fans most of their show experiences are influenced by them too. Not all but you hear stories and everyone's talking about how high they were...it's all part of the community whether you take them or not.

the key is to find consistencies in stories over multiple sources.

also, was pig riding the motorcycle or just sitting on one posing?

he can talk about whatever he wants. i am done justifying my end of it. i can simply choose not to watch it, win win for everybody involved.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#248033 1 year, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:

the key is to find consistencies in stories over multiple sources.

"Not for 'Weir Here,' but for life." That's how I listen to the news. PBS plays news programs from Japan, Germany, France, India, South Korea, Israel, Russia, Qatar, Taiwan, and the US. I listen from another room, and I use the key to learn the approximate truth from multiple sources.
Thank You Jerry
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#248248 1 year, 5 months ago
looks like Bob is already lining stuff up for when he's away on the Cap run... looks like I'll be missing this one

WeirHere_april17.jpg
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#248256 1 year, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
edit: i am not even going to justify anything i saw here to you or anybody else. you guys can enjoy the open bandwith i will not be using to listen to steve parish ruin what could be a great conversation. i can consult the print to find out the truth.

I personally love a tad of embellishment to old stories. Parish is not interested in being censored by the truth police Lewie and deservedly so. He has the scars to prove enough for me. Listen to the story telling of neil sometime. He can tell the same event 10 differnt ways. Same with owsley.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by newyawker.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#248348 1 year, 5 months ago
this weeks Q&A topic is "Truckin' - send us your stories from the road!"

Attachment weir here truckin'.htm not found

can't seem to be able to post this picture - instagram.com/p/XTJCswJlFj/

Attachment weir here truckin'.htm not found

well fuck it I tried
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds