• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248917 1 year ago
I'm sad I missed this! Kept buffering like crazy. I hate having the slowest internet on the planet! And what happened to TRI catering to those with the slow internet?
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6935
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248921 1 year ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I'm sad I missed this! Kept buffering like crazy. I hate having the slowest internet on the planet! And what happened to TRI catering to those with the slow internet?


No way!! My internet is the grand champion of slowness. I didn't even try last night. I bet there were 5 million people trying to watch it so that doesn't help. I'm thinking, like anything, the more people trying to access the site, the greater chance of buffering issues. At least Tri is free so when it doesn't work I can't really bitch too much but it is also the reason I refuse to pay Phil to watch his TXR webcasts. They should buy a cable channel and put all their webcasts on TV, even pay per view TV. Now that I would happily pay for.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8077

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248922 1 year ago
^I haven't checked in a while but if you right click on the screen they used to have an option to switch between 3 different qualities... low/med/high or something like that. I don't know how much of a difference that makes but they used to say switch to low quality if your having problems... sorry to hear you missed it cause of your connection.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder
Posts:1061

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248923 1 year ago
When I'm at home, it runs pretty smoothly.

The only issues I've had have come from over loaded hotel wi-fi
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248927 1 year ago
MushroomMan wrote:
^I haven't checked in a while but if you right click on the screen they used to have an option to switch between 3 different qualities... low/med/high or something like that. I don't know how much of a difference that makes but they used to say switch to low quality if your having problems... sorry to hear you missed it cause of your connection.


they use to have a link you can go to for lowspeed but everytime I try it doesn't exist. I will have to look for that icon option next time!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
bxorain
Junior Boarder
Posts:283

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248928 1 year ago
wlewis wrote:
weir is soooo sloppy


This is classic. What a world we live in...we now have the "tonight show" for us deadheads, hosted by a founding member of the GD, with a roadie as his sidekick. We get live, mostly unrehearsed music with different musicians every week broadcasted in HD for FREE! We get stories from back in the day, right from the people who are actually responsible for these stories. Even more importantly, we're not only gifted with this musical experience but we get a peek into these musicians real personalities, mannerisms and humor....again, all for FREE, in our living rooms and at the expense of Bobby...his dime, not ours. Are you kidding me? This is an amazing gesture by Bob and a major thank you he's throwing out to us heads for the years of support. And of course, what do we see on message boards...fucking complaints. Usually I'll roll with some of the negativity but this is just a fucking joke. Take your complaints and shove them up your ass. Who the fuck are you? Evidently you are absolutely perfect in everything you do but most humans aren't and don't care to be. You don't like Bob's playing, the people on the show or the content yet you find it necessary to give us real time updates of your distaste for the product. If you don't like what Bob brings to the table then move on...it's a fucking embarrassment to all us Heads to be associated with this non-appreciative attitude and spoiled brat complaints.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, spring mountain high, jaredlang, drschuss, rippleish20
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:800
Don't you see........

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248931 1 year ago
Bummer on the slow connection you all. On the flip side, I have super fast broadband and almost never have buffering problems at all with these shows or the webcasts. It does make a difference. I wont watch content from sites where it buffers all the time, just drives me crazy.

So last night was a joy. Really fun band last night with a bunch of great players really complementing each other. Would love to see these guys play around a bit during the Furthur down times.

Better yet, I see the music never stopping..........
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1253

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248935 1 year ago
bxorain wrote:
wlewis wrote:
weir is soooo sloppy


This is classic. What a world we live in...we now have the "tonight show" for us deadheads, hosted by a founding member of the GD, with a roadie as his sidekick. We get live, mostly unrehearsed music with different musicians every week broadcasted in HD for FREE! We get stories from back in the day, right from the people who are actually responsible for these stories. Even more importantly, we're not only gifted with this musical experience but we get a peek into these musicians real personalities, mannerisms and humor....again, all for FREE, in our living rooms and at the expense of Bobby...his dime, not ours. Are you kidding me? This is an amazing gesture by Bob and a major thank you he's throwing out to us heads for the years of support. And of course, what do we see on message boards...fucking complaints. Usually I'll roll with some of the negativity but this is just a fucking joke. Take your complaints and shove them up your ass. Who the fuck are you? Evidently you are absolutely perfect in everything you do but most humans aren't and don't care to be. You don't like Bob's playing, the people on the show or the content yet you find it necessary to give us real time updates of your distaste for the product. If you don't like what Bob brings to the table then move on...it's a fucking embarrassment to all us Heads to be associated with this non-appreciative attitude and spoiled brat complaints.


Very well said. You did forget to mention the other "legitimate" complaints, like not enough tour dates, in not enough larger venues that are spaced too far apart.
I agree with everything you said, however telling people to take their complaints and shove them up their ass, that was a little harsh. Some people's asses might not be big enough to fit all these complaints.

Now with all that being said, WHERE IS MY FUCKING 5 NIGHT MONTREAL RUN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:800
Don't you see........

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248937 1 year ago
^^^^^ LOL on the not big enough line..............

I usually see it not so much as complaining but rather expressing opinions. Bob's playing might seem sloppy, or even be sloppy, to some folks out there. Especially musicians.

Not to me (both a fan and musician). It is strange at times no doubt, but not so much sloppy as strange. I really think he knows exactly where he is going, and sometimes I just dont get it. And I know sometimes my family doesnt get my guitar playing too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
bxorain
Junior Boarder
Posts:283

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248940 1 year ago
Griff wrote:
^^^^^ LOL on the not big enough line..............

I usually see it not so much as complaining but rather expressing opinions. Bob's playing might seem sloppy, or even be sloppy, to some folks out there. Especially musicians.

Not to me (both a fan and musician). It is strange at times no doubt, but not so much sloppy as strange. I really think he knows exactly where he is going, and sometimes I just dont get it. And I know sometimes my family doesnt get my guitar playing too.


I just happen to quote the "sloppy" line but I could have chosen many other complaints - anything from the content of the show to its co-host. That's absolutely fine to dislike a program or a tune but to go on the bands website and be critical of a very expensive gift that one of the founding members is giving us, at no cost...well, it's embarrassing to the rest of the community. That's like giving a gift to someone and they turn around and send you emails, detailing everything that's wrong with the gift. It's called respect - if you don't like the gift, cool, just quitely return it or tune out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds