#213497 1 year, 11 months ago
We have all the cold rain and snow we need here in Chicago
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: I need a good PEGGY O!!! **Serious **

#213520 1 year, 11 months ago
I'll second any of the spring '77 versions. But learn from my mistakes and tell her to keep an eye on the length of the song and have a plan to either cut it off or have other folks ready to join you. We got a couple minutes into our wedding dance of TLEO, and all of a sudden realized it was a 12 minute version and we had 200 people staring at us while we danced and we sure weren't that entertaining. So we motioned the rest of the wedding party onto the dance floor, but it was a really, really, loooonnnngggg 12 minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#213522 1 year, 11 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Wlewis - that whole Huntington Civic center show is hot, arguably one of the best from 1978

that was the first show i started learning grateful dead songs from on bass
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#213525 1 year, 11 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Before you invest in a nice gift, you should know I just got a PM from her fiance. He was asking for good versions of Cold Rain and Snow....

I kid because I love. Here is a testimonial for Deadhead's getting married.

Me and the missus met at a Dead show, got engaged at a Dead show and have been married for 24 years. We didn't have a dead song ready for first dance. Although I did have Jerry TLEO qued up for the ride over to the reception.

The band surprised us when they played Good Lovin' into La Bamba.... it was not a Dead cover band. More of a traditional wedding band because we had a mixed crowd. Our deadhead friends thought we must have requested the Good Lovin>La Bamba but we didn't.

Word of warning: We made the mistake of letting the band help themselves at the bar and they ended up having a fight and breaking a glass door at the venue.... classic.

I think it was their last gig.....but we are still together!

Hope your sister's husband is as great as her brother. Good luck and happiness to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds