• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Weir's All-Star Sandy Relief Show

#212137 1 year, 11 months ago
So I'm wondering who the All-Stars will be: RatDog perhaps? Kreutzmann, Hart, Hornsby, Kimock, Donna Jean? Lots of fun possibilities.

www.jambands.com/news/2012/11/10/bob-wei...ar-sandy-relief-show
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Re: Weir's All-Star Sandy Relief Show

#212570 1 year, 11 months ago
This may be a long, long, long shot, but: in a Spring 2008 interview Phil Lesh said, “Basically, what [The Dead have] decided after the Obama event was that when we do get together we want to do it for a good cause — for benefits. . . For doing good for other people. That’s basically the approach we’re going to take.”

Now at this point I think the chances of a Dead reunion (at least with all of "The Core Four") are extremely slim, but a reunion that could be more likely, and would be a welcome sight/sound to many, is The Return of RatDog. Some folks who watched/heard Bobby on the TRI broadcast the other night were reporting that he made a kind of cryptic half-comment about that band. Does anyone have an exact quote?

www.ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f...=303972&start=20

Re: BOBBY TRI 8:30 PM EST TONIGHT!
buffalo tim
He almost said reassemble ratdog!

Re: BOBBY TRI 8:30 PM EST TONIGHT!
harmon712
He almost said he's going to get Ratdog back together then stopped himself from saying it.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Gordon the Drummer.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#231038 1 year, 9 months ago
Has anyone heard any more about this event? Weir and Schools could easily get together with some well-known collaborators (Kreutzmann, Hart, Hornsby, Marsalis, Kimock, Donna Jean, et al.) and make it pretty great, all for a good cause.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#231040 1 year, 9 months ago
this thread had me excited for a minute but nope, haven't heard anything else....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon the Drummer
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#231046 1 year, 9 months ago
I was thinking about this last night.....hope Bobby does get something together soon!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds