• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Today and Every Day, Thank You Veterans!!

#211988 1 year, 5 months ago
Happy Veteran's Day and Thank you to all who have served this country, past, present and future! I hope you know you're always appreciated and valued by those for whom you fought.
With a personal thanks to my Dad, who landed at Omaha beach and fought his way through the Battle of the Bulge, across Belgium and Luxembourg, all the way to Germany, and most importantly back home again with his bronze star and purple heart.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, skidoo, kevin, lightchaser, Griff, theotherone
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

Re: Today and Every Day, Thank You Veterans!!

#211993 1 year, 5 months ago
I work at a Army Post and today I am wishing all a happy Veterans day, they really are an amazing group of men and women.
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#212045 1 year, 5 months ago

I can't express enough, my appreciation for our men and women in uniform. Past, present, and future. Thank you.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#212079 1 year, 5 months ago
veterans1.jpg

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((VETERANS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you Sue for that great story of your father's service to this country. WOW!!!

My father too fought at the Battle of the Bulge at the very end of the war. Then served as a guard at the US Embassy in Paris because he could speak French. I guess that was a pretty sweet assignment with all the pretty French girls and being 19.

This board is a perfect example of the results of all the Vets that fought for our freedom. THANK YOU!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, SunshineSue
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#212080 1 year, 5 months ago
19791025_1016.midsize1.jpg

GD Veterans Memorial Coliseum 10/25/79
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds