• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

Re: ATTENTION!!!! Band & Management::

#211948 1 year, 10 months ago
[quote="rippleish20" post=211890]Wheelman wrote:
All I keep hearing from those who were in attendance the last 3 nights in Jersey is,

how kool the venue was to those who attended.....

EVERYBODY I've spoken with is in full agreement.....

LOOKS LIKE THIS PLACE IS A KEEPER!!!!

This was a very enjoyable venue; I loved it. They apparently let people with Wed tickets who couldn't make it due to the snow in Thursday. Very cool...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SOLID MOVE

VERY NICE MOVE BY MGMT.
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by kevin.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#211951 1 year, 10 months ago
The Wellmont IS a very nice little theater, and the staff were friendly and gracious. We had a wonderful time the first night (After we were miracled in out of the blizzard) we started out on the floor, which had gotten rather packed by end of the first set, which led to our second set move to the balcony isles in search of dancing room (Which we found in full supply).

The second day, it was nicer out, still cold, but lacking the sting of the snow cone machine to the eyes, of the previous nights blizzard. I bought an unscanned Wednesday night ticket from a friend of mine (Very kind of them to extend that courtesy to the folks who dared not brave the snowcone machine)
Upon our entrance we went directly to the balcony, knowing that the floor would be much more packed than the previous night. The balcony even ended up being relatively crowded Thursday, but we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Friday, the balcony became crowded as soon as the music started. I began spinning and feeling the nice energy of the band and the music which they were creating, then a few songs into the set it got crowded to the point of my Girlfriend having to go to a seat just to retain any enjoyment; a couple of songs later a belligerent drunk loud mouth actually walks up and tries to push between me and the balcony isle rail, into the only slot left on the rail, the slot which I had been occupying and spinning in for the past hour, then the guy had the nerve to violently tell ME to move, and threaten to "Make things happen that you don't want" if I didn't stop bumping into him while I was dancing. All of this while I was spinning (I don't stop until the music stops), all of the nice people sitting in the row behind us began to yell at the guy for being such an ignorant imbecile.
Needless to say, this somewhat effected my enjoyment of the show, and my ability to listen to the music, as that is slightly hard to do when you are tensely awaiting a punch, and preparing a retaliation.

I am of the opinion that one should never have to worry about having to fight as a result of dancing inside a Grateful Dead music related concert.

So by my own preference, I would ask Furthur, do NOT play at the Wellmont, if it gets too packed for comfort for Phil, then I would cringe to try to see Furthur play there.

But this is all from the perspective of a big guy that likes to dance, I imagine that anyone would was small of stature or who enjoys sitting in a seat, would have had a wonderful time every night.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#211980 1 year, 10 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
The Wellmont IS a very nice little theater, and the staff were friendly and gracious. We had a wonderful time the first night (After we were miracled in out of the blizzard) we started out on the floor, which had gotten rather packed by end of the first set, which led to our second set move to the balcony isles in search of dancing room (Which we found in full supply).

The second day, it was nicer out, still cold, but lacking the sting of the snow cone machine to the eyes, of the previous nights blizzard. I bought an unscanned Wednesday night ticket from a friend of mine (Very kind of them to extend that courtesy to the folks who dared not brave the snowcone machine)
Upon our entrance we went directly to the balcony, knowing that the floor would be much more packed than the previous night. The balcony even ended up being relatively crowded Thursday, but we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Friday, the balcony became crowded as soon as the music started. I began spinning and feeling the nice energy of the band and the music which they were creating, then a few songs into the set it got crowded to the point of my Girlfriend having to go to a seat just to retain any enjoyment; a couple of songs later a belligerent drunk loud mouth actually walks up and tries to push between me and the balcony isle rail, into the only slot left on the rail, the slot which I had been occupying and spinning in for the past hour, then the guy had the nerve to violently tell ME to move, and threaten to "Make things happen that you don't want" if I didn't stop bumping into him while I was dancing. All of this while I was spinning (I don't stop until the music stops), all of the nice people sitting in the row behind us began to yell at the guy for being such an ignorant imbecile.
Needless to say, this somewhat effected my enjoyment of the show, and my ability to listen to the music, as that is slightly hard to do when you are tensely awaiting a punch, and preparing a retaliation.

I am of the opinion that one should never have to worry about having to fight as a result of dancing inside a Grateful Dead music related concert.

So by my own preference, I would ask Furthur, do NOT play at the Wellmont, if it gets too packed for comfort for Phil, then I would cringe to try to see Furthur play there.

But this is all from the perspective of a big guy that likes to dance, I imagine that anyone would was small of stature or who enjoys sitting in a seat, would have had a wonderful time every night.

I too was pushed and shoved around all three nights, and it got progressively worse every night. One of the FEW kind spots I found on Friday was in that closed hallway on the third floor with Little Bear. I Was able to dance like a nut the night of the blizzard, I could dance more or less where I wanted the second night too. The third night you could barely stand. But I found a spot on the lover level to dance, it was just tight.

I too almost got into it with somebody over a spot. And Ratdog Donna had a guy say something real nasty to her cause her backpack hit this guys leg. I THINK The overcrowdedness made people a bit less kind?

I LOVE the theater, security was fairly lax, and you will have ASSHOLES in the audience at every show. This was not an all deadhead audience. Plenty of local people who never heard of Phil Lesh before.

I Hope they keep the venue but maybe limit the people a little. Somebody threw a smoke bomb near us the third night, I will tell you IF it was a real emergency situation, lots of people would have been trampled..... A bit fuked up in that regard.

MY worse incident was when a GUARD shoved me for dancing in an aisle. He shoved me right into the back of a gal I know and was dancing with. Thankfully I didn't hurt her badly, but it was very unkind. I understand the guard was probably tired of being blocked from moving, but a gentle excuse me might have saved this gal a bruise and saved me from terrible embarrassment. I am nuts dancing but I try to be so careful not to hit people. That third night, I did give some people some love tap, I do not LOVE you standing in front of me when a am spinning and dancing and then push me out of the way, I will make room for anyone, but....someone ought to teach these people respect. Ir I am there first, at least allow me SOME space to stand ... and maybe even move my arms or feet.

But it was FUN......
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#212001 1 year, 10 months ago
Well, to be fair to those people, I was a little inconsiderate at my first show too
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#212006 1 year, 10 months ago
too was pushed and shoved around all three nights, and it got progressively worse every night

What did you expect it is New Jersey. I have a ? for the twirlers and I ask with all due respect. I never understood this. In order I go to Listen, Dance, Watch the show. I love to get my "groove" on. But what is the draw of spinning around like a top? You aren't dancing with the music..you are spinnning in circles and if it is so much fun you can do this at home to your hearts content. While you are certainly entitled to your "space" you are not entitled to taking up room for 3-5 people just so you can "twirl". One time at a Penns Peak Ratdog show we were on a crowded floor the dreaded guy next to me was um "flying" but preshow we chatted and coughed all was good. We are ten ft from the stage mind you. Well the band comes out first song and he starts twirling dreads flying and hitting everyone around him with his dreads and sweat. At the endof the first tune
I kindly asked him to be a lil more respectful of the people around him. His response " I'll fuckin twirl where I want to...its a goddamn ratdog show. While I was at least 3-4 inches and 40 lbs heavier than this guy I don't go to shows to brawl. We just moved during the second song and a few others joined us. So I ask politely as possible - What is the draw of twirling.. personally it would make me dizzy and hurt my enjoyment of the bus. Further you aren't dancing you are twirling it doesn't matter what the beat/rythm of the song is your "dance" never changes.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#212051 1 year, 10 months ago
Well I can only speak for myself; but I do dance to the music when I spin, there is something about exerting yourself to that extent while listening, that takes the music to an entirely different level; spinning for me is a form of active meditation and prayer, when I am spinning I am thinking and centering myself; I leave shows feeling confident and assured in regards to my next move, whether it be where I will stand and hold up my shirts during the blow off, or where I will get gas, or which present I will get for my Girlfriend for her birthday, centered.

I am not a person that enjoys being on the floor at shows, I find a nice secluded spot which someone who wants to Watch the show would find unattractive, for the express purpose of maximizing my enjoyment while at the same time minimizing the amount of disturbance I cause others.

Spinning at shows means much more to me than twirling around in circles.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#212242 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks LB for a concise, well articulated answer. Different strokes for different folks. I "get" the renewed feeling though.. I get it at damn near every show without the spin... if thats what gets it done for ya rock on.
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds