• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

Music Interests Besides Furthur/Dead

#211421 1 year, 8 months ago
I love the Dead, but what other kinds of music/bands do you like?? Guilty pleasures are of course welcome! I like heavy metal too, anything probably except for modern country. Slayer, Spyro Gyra, Loretta Lynn hmmm......
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Music Interests Besides Furthur/Dead

#211426 1 year, 8 months ago
classical music more specifically the baroque, classical, and romantic eras
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wharfrat71
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#211427 1 year, 8 months ago
I have never warmed up to much heavy metal or modern country. A little classic country now and then isn't bad though.
I listen to a lot of jazz, mostly older (Miles, Coltrane, Bill Evans) but some new stuff, too. As well as a good bit of classical. I've got tickets for the New York Philharmonic who will be here in February and am really looking forward to that.

I won't talk about my love of musicals, not to mention Glee...
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#211429 1 year, 8 months ago
krautrock, Dead Can Dance, Black Sabbath, experimental (noise, electro-acoustic, and about 40 other subgenres), ambient (not the new agey stuff so much), hardcore punk, thrash, crossover, Indian (traditional), King Crimson, Italian prog, Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes, free jazz (Peter Brotzmann, for example), Keiji Haino, mountain folk (Roscoe Holcomb)...
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#211432 1 year, 8 months ago
Jerry Garcia Band:whistle:
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#211469 1 year, 8 months ago
www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...DHccML0eckslu7pxHXdg

Heard this song in my truck on way home from school last night. Turned it all the way up.....frikin love the hell outta these fine gentlemen.

also love Israel vibrations, credence clearwater revival, Allman Bros. , Bob Marley, Jacob Miller, Burning Spear, The rolling Stones, James Brown, Phish, Aretha Franklin, gospel music, bluegrass music, funk, the blues, country, JJ Kale, and more im sure
Phred
Senior Boarder

#211485 1 year, 8 months ago
Pretty much all classic rock...but especially Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, and ...this will sound completely off kilter...John Denver (sorry, a guilty pleasure). Also like newer groups...Railroad Earth, Mumford and Sons, Jack Johnson, String Cheese, Umphreys McGee, Bela Fleck, and Josh Blackburn (haven't heard of him? Look him up!).
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#211488 1 year, 8 months ago
wharfrat71 wrote:
I love the Dead, but what other kinds of music/bands do you like?? Guilty pleasures are of course welcome! I like heavy metal too, anything probably except for modern country. Slayer, Spyro Gyra, Loretta Lynn hmmm......

Slaaaayah!! Unfortunately the last time I saw them they sucked. But back in day boy they were intense.

Still like to catch a classic metal show here and there though, Iron Maiden this summer was very good.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

#211869 1 year, 8 months ago
Great, love King CrimsonZenoMarx wrote:
krautrock, Dead Can Dance, Black Sabbath, experimental (noise, electro-acoustic, and about 40 other subgenres), ambient (not the new agey stuff so much), hardcore punk, thrash, crossover, Indian (traditional), King Crimson, Italian prog, Catherine Ribeiro + Alpes, free jazz (Peter Brotzmann, for example), Keiji Haino, mountain folk (Roscoe Holcomb)...
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

#211870 1 year, 8 months ago
Don't like alot of their songs, but Umphrey's McGee really is the real thing. Jam kings for sure, maybe tighter than Phish. oops did i say that! And there is nothing wrong with John Denver. I also like him, along with Seals & Crofts and Bread too. Good Stuff haha
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds