• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

GPS fucked me all up tonight!

#211196 1 year, 11 months ago
well on the way to NJ I had it set for avoid tolls and it brought me right over the GW bridge with no tolls in a little over 2 hours.

well I had it set on avoid tolls to come home but apparently avoiding tolls isn't an option on the way home without going several hours out of the way....

the GPS was calling for 2.5 hours instead of 2:15 or whatever so I trusted it.... took me way up route 23N but I figured the gps knew what it was doing.... next thing I know it tells me to get on 84W and I'm think "i need east" but I get on west anyway figuring theres going to be an exit for 84E off of 84W ..... next thing I know I see a sighn "welcome to Pennsilvania" and the GPS is telling me to go 50 miles down 84W (WTF??) .....

so obviously I realized I went extreme distances out of the way.... the reason it wasn't telling me to get on 84E is because there was a $1.50 toll in Newborough going over the bridge

note to self - can't avoid tolls coming home anymore when I need to cross the bay -- but they should really have that gps programed so it dosn't fuck you up that much avoiding tolls -- theres a point where the extra gas and time costs way more then the tolls

seems like I could never go without problems stressing me out on tour, usually several problems. was a little under 2 hours out of the way which wasn't as bad as I thought at first but damn!

the gps was also fucked telling me a 2:30 arrival cause as soon as I got on 84 it switched to 7:15 arrival (cause it still wanted to reroute me around the $1.50 toll.... this run may be the most stressful so far being on such a border line budget, I had to come home for a check and I wont get into that story but it aint a good one

sweet shows, Phil's having a blast. can't believe how young he looks rocking out up there. I never get up front much and never right in front of Phil until wend. When Phil came out singing Mississipie Half-Step with so much passion and soul and just loving it I immediatley told myself "no way im giving up any shows this run and I need to find me a saturday Cap" ..... as I was thinking of maybe giving some up to save a few bucks

well enough complaining, I'm not looking for sympathy either just felt like mentioning what I just went threw.... time for some food/sleep and hopefully be heading back to NJ around noon tomorow

and by the way that weas one hell over a wild ride up route 23N in the middle of nowhere through mountains and stuff - something didn't feel right but I held my trust in that gps. I thought it was broke at first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: GPS fucked me all up tonight!

#211197 1 year, 11 months ago
LOL sorry man only laughing because i know the feeling.

how do you live in the NE and not have an EZ pass?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#211198 1 year, 11 months ago
well I really don't hit tolls that often, only while on tour. I was thinking of getting an EZ pass but I started up looking up directions with and without tolls and usually its a very minute difference so I thought I'd just avoid them instead. I should get an EZ pass though as sometimes tolls are innevitable

and of course the whole idea of bringing this up is to laugh about and make some fun out of it
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#211218 1 year, 11 months ago
well at least you made the show I would be livid if Iwas late or missed it due to gps>... we get lost everytime we go to NYC or NJ I know the feeling driving is nuts down there I dont know how people do it .....
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by alilfurther.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#211223 1 year, 11 months ago
computers do what you tell them to do not what you want them to do...don't use a GPS or trust computers!
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Dire Wolf. Reason: tomfoolery again
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#211226 1 year, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
LOL sorry man only laughing because i know the feeling.

how do you live in the NE and not have an EZ pass?

I refuse to get an ez-pass then THEY know where you are going and when. Not to mention so many people have the pass now that the physical money booths are usually empty unless it's a holiday!! I love when I blow through toll-booths in a second while all the passers are waiting for the line in front of them
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#211242 1 year, 11 months ago
I still wont go without a GPS - its the first time it messed me up and I'm willing to forgive it with everything its helped me with. Just gotta remember not to try and avoid tolls coming back over the bay.

the amount of time and stress its already saved me is much more then any negative experience with it last night

GPS all the way!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#211243 1 year, 11 months ago
GPS is only as good as its last software update. Never trusted them for that reason.

i-phone+goggle maps= concise directions all everytime.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#211263 1 year, 11 months ago
A couple of years ago driving back from Minnesota through Missouri i got really screwed up with the GPS because of the Mississippi river flooding and closed bridges. You can't always trust the GPS. We lost a couple of hours.
And leave it on!
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#211273 1 year, 11 months ago
WE have been 10 rows or closer both nights quit that whining and get ya ass back down here lmao ya should know the way now turn that gps lady off telle er to go fuck herself and see ya when ya get here ya are coming to the telly first right?
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds