• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Legalize, it in Colorado

#210541 1 year, 11 months ago
Equinox wrote:

All this depends on what the feds ultimately do. Remember, this is the first vote for straight legalization. It's not decriminalization and it's not tied to anything medical.

I definitely agree about the tax revenue. I've been saying the same thing for years.

Well, really all they can feasibly do is go after the growers. They're already established. And producing product.
It's not starting from scratch. It's a major business. And they really can't shut them down, because they supply
the medical. It seems like it would be too difficult. They would have to mount a major campaign. And I'm not
sure they have the resolve to do it. They have to know by now, it's a losing battle.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#210542 1 year, 11 months ago
Gay marriage and pot legalization make strides tonight! The world is changing for the better: www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/...ijuana-legalization/
The following user(s) said Thank You: PennsylvaniaPete
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#210543 1 year, 11 months ago
Just realized that lots of new jobs will be created when this hits the market... who knew? Any guesses for what the packaging will look like? Will you be able to buy a box of joints like a pack of Marlboros in a flip top box? Bongs behind the counter in WallMart?That is mind blowing.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#210545 1 year, 11 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Chester wrote:
Colorado moved way up on the list of repeat vacation destinations.

Red Rocks becomers even more important.

Absolutely!!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#210548 1 year, 11 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Just realized that lots of new jobs will be created when this hits the market... who knew? Any guesses for what the packaging will look like? Will you be able to buy a box of joints like a pack of Marlboros in a flip top box? Bongs behind the counter in WallMart?That is mind blowing.

I'm guessing it would be treated something like alcohol. Age limit on sales, restrictions on where it can be sold.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#210554 1 year, 11 months ago
"The vote puts Washington to the left of the Netherlands on marijuana law. As of Dec. 6, it will no longer be illegal for adults 21 and over to possess an ounce of marijuana. A new "drugged driving" law for marijuana impairment also kicks in then."

seattletimes.com/html/localnews/20196218...lexmarijuana07m.html
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#210565 1 year, 11 months ago
Go COLORADO!!

To be honest I like it the way it is. I mean I voted for this but i just hope the cops don't get all weird about it. Specifically if you get pulled over. They'll be thinking EVERYONE is stoned, I'm a little worried about heightened scrutiny now.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, mtnhead
Phred
Senior Boarder

#210568 1 year, 11 months ago
The closest analog is when we were in prohibition times. Then, New York was the first state that voted to allow alcohol consumption, even though the federal law said "no". Colorado jumped on that band wagon shortly thereafter and allowed alcohol in 1932. The Feds count on local enforcement of these laws, so it will be interesting to see how they follow up.

It is also interesting to note that when California attempted to do this in 2010, Attorney General Eric Holder, put out a memo basically telling people that the federal government would vigorously enforce anti-marijuana laws there should the initiative pass. Curiously, this time around, the Justice Dept. has been silent on the issue...even when questioned directly about it. The tide is turning...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#210589 1 year, 11 months ago
kudos to the folks in Colorado. congratulations!!! i still can't believe that California wasn't 1st, but i'm really happy that Colorado got it done!
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#210590 1 year, 11 months ago
I think this all boils down to how the feds react to this.

I had to laugh at the headline on Fox News it said "Hold off on the Cheetos, Colorado gov tells potheads after voters back marijuana legalization". That's like saying everyone who has a glass of wine or two when they get home from work are alcoholics.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#210591 1 year, 11 months ago
I can't believe how happy I am for this,.

I don't even live there but it's exciting that it would pass and hopefully pave the way for other states to do the same.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#210593 1 year, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Gay marriage and pot legalization make strides tonight! The world is changing for the better: www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/...ijuana-legalization/

more on I-502 in washington at sensiblewashington.org. here is another perspective on I-502 www.theweedblog.com/will-i-502-truly-leg...in-washington-state/
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds