• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: PLATYPUS

#210480 1 year, 5 months ago
yeah it is a bummer sue. i'm glad i can still keep in touch with him. i can honestly says he's one of the kindest folks i know. we did 3 full tours together. he's celebrating 40 years inside the GD community this year, he was so stoked about it he had a stealie shaved into the back of his head in socal.

last year was the first negative experience he had in what was then almost 40 years. shocking to say the least i'm sure. i'm just trying to help in accordance with georges request.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
RowTimmy
Senior Boarder

#210500 1 year, 5 months ago
I for one am glad to see the Platypus back. He was one of the first FFF i met and am glad we can be a positive influence for him. I am also really glad he's attempting to make things right with George.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#210615 1 year, 5 months ago
The kid genuinely seems to have good intentions, even if he is still without cash. Yes he fuked up from what I summarize and yes George was wronged and many were hurt.

But Matt was beat up and chastised here, I cannot say if the FFF feedback was fair or it was not. IT takes a LOT of courage to stand up and say you messed up. I Love that in you brother Matt. And I hope my heart is right that that you are truly sorry and you will do everything in your power to make things right.

I know I am not the only person here who enjoys the online spirit of the Platty. I hope to start enjoying his posts again soon. I know it's very easy to say as in uninvolved person, but no matter what, it Ain't no time to hate.

That's my two cents sitting 10,000 feet above all of the drama. I hope I did not offend anybody, but it's been on my mind and in my heart for a long time.

Glad to hear you are well Platty-freak. I think the letter that you wrote and Burt re-posted was very sweet and kind.

Much good love to all.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#210669 1 year, 5 months ago
bump

i see he visited today
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#210843 1 year, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
denverman--he showed us he was a flake last year. he said he wants to make things right. he has the opportunity. all he has to do is PM me and i will give him the necessary information to do it. i firmly believe some people can learn from mistakes. key word there is "can". not everybody does.

I know it was unfair of me to say anything because I don't know all the specifics. But I've been on tour with, lived with, hung out with dudes who take advantage of you. I don't like it. That being said I am certainly all for second and hell even third chances but what I don't understand is glorifying such individuals.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, scar1et_f1re
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#210855 1 year, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
wlewis wrote:
denverman--he showed us he was a flake last year. he said he wants to make things right. he has the opportunity. all he has to do is PM me and i will give him the necessary information to do it. i firmly believe some people can learn from mistakes. key word there is "can". not everybody does.

That being said I am certainly all for second and hell even third chances but what I don't understand is glorifying such individuals.

it's like you took the words right out of my mouth
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#210997 1 year, 5 months ago
another bump.

george did not think he was very serious when i forwarded him the message.

platypus logged in yesterday while this was front page.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#212611 1 year, 5 months ago
Bump
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#212621 1 year, 5 months ago
I dont know much about behind the scenes with him, but why dont you tell him to jump in the forum and start getting back in to the community. Im sure once get in here, thing will be forgotten, I think. I dont know who he screwed over but tell him to just jump back on board. Whats the worst that can happen.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#212627 1 year, 5 months ago
uhhh, he did.

he messaged me 2 days ago. i sent him the information he needs to make things right with george like he said he was going to do ASAP. that was just sent. we'll see.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#212646 1 year, 5 months ago
Don't take this wrong please, but if the goal is to help both George and Platy to make things a bit better (or right if that is even possible at this point), I do not see how bumping this thread does anything other than embarrassing the platy.

Maybe give him a chance, to either reach our to not?

I am trying to tread softly here, with love for all.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#212648 1 year, 5 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Don't take this wrong please, but if the goal is to help both George and Platy to make things a bit better (or right if that is even possible at this point), I do not see how bumping this thread does anything other than embarrassing the platy.

Maybe give him a chance, to either reach our to not?

I am trying to tread softly here, with love for all.

Thank you. I wanted to say something to that effect, but was treading too softly.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 5.93 seconds