• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Totem
Visitor

Re: Doesn't smoking weed impair your lungs?

#21169 2 years, 11 months ago
There's enough crap in my air already. I would say balance is the best one can do, if that is possible. Who wants to be a slave to anything?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21170 2 years, 11 months ago
dont let pesky facts get in the way www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080123104017.htm.Yall can do whatever you want im not telling anyone to quit or to not get high but to believe you are doing no harm is just plain foolish.every action has a reaction,www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/31/healt...md/main3120406.shtml
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#21193 2 years, 11 months ago
My wife smoked pot evey day for over 30 years. Now she is bed idden, on 6 liters of oxygen 24 hours a day. She has such severe COPD that she is breathless after 1 or 2 steps. Her o2 stats drop fom about 90 to 77 just fom standing up. She can't be left alone at home longer than 30 minutes at a time. She has to use a portable toilet about 5 feet fom the bed, and I have to help her wash in the shower. She was on hospice care 3 years ago, but beat it.
I'm not saying smoking pot WILL give you COPD, but it CAN.
I'm not anti-marijuana either. I have baked brownies for her and occasionaly toke myself. If it weren't for draconian marijuana laws, I would grow it so she could eat it any time.
Obviously our experience is not the norm, but it happened.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
reb
Visitor

#21214 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey maredwar, My heart goes out to you and your wife. I will take away a lesson from her experience and I will keep you both in my meditations.

Thank you for sharing her story here on Furthur board because it does make a difference when people become aware of what's befallen others.

I will certainly think of this if I were ever to consider smoking agian.

I recall Tim Leary eating his buds on crackers with cheese in his last years.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#21332 2 years, 11 months ago
maredwar wrote:
My wife smoked pot evey day for over 30 years. Now she is bed idden, on 6 liters of oxygen 24 hours a day. She has such severe COPD that she is breathless after 1 or 2 steps. Her o2 stats drop fom about 90 to 77 just fom standing up. She can't be left alone at home longer than 30 minutes at a time. She has to use a portable toilet about 5 feet fom the bed, and I have to help her wash in the shower. She was on hospice care 3 years ago, but beat it.
I'm not saying smoking pot WILL give you COPD, but it CAN.
I'm not anti-marijuana either. I have baked brownies for her and occasionaly toke myself. If it weren't for draconian marijuana laws, I would grow it so she could eat it any time.
Obviously our experience is not the norm, but it happened.
sorry to hear this good for you for standing by her and taking care of her.i wish the best for you both
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#21389 2 years, 11 months ago
Nawwww herbs good 4 ur lungs. Marijuana is a great treatment for asthma. True story. A couple of my friends got their drs recomendations for pot, for asthma. Now the fact that you can get a drs rec. for asthma isnt why thats a fact, cus pretty much any chick can get their rec. no problem. They jus gotta tell the dr they hav lady cramps. But theres actual scientific proof that it helps with asthma, sooooo yeah. I wouldnt worry bout it. I smoke every day, and i bike at least 4-6 miles everyday, and dont have any problems breathing or nething. So i would say smoking whilst maintaining a regular workout schedule might b fine.=-)
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by DeadHead420.
sam2448
Junior Boarder

#21393 2 years, 11 months ago
you can get a medical prescription for asthma because thc is a bronchial dilator that makes it easier to breathe. that doesn't mean smoking weed is good for your lungs. smoking anything will not do anything good for your lungs. if you have asthma vaping or eating it might help you breathe easier, but that's different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#21395 2 years, 11 months ago
sam2448 wrote:
you can get a medical prescription for asthma because thc is a bronchial dilator that makes it easier to breathe. that doesn't mean smoking weed is good for your lungs. smoking anything will not do anything good for your lungs. if you have asthma vaping or eating it might help you breathe easier, but that's different.

That makes sense. Like u said, im sure inhaling any burning substance/material is somewhat harmful. But i think if someone (of regular health) is worried bout smoking affecting their breathing, id say jus hav some regular cardio that you do, and dont sit around and watch the tube. Im definitely not a dr, but on the list of things that are harmful to your lungs/or body, herb is prettttty low on the list. Ive never heard of anyone dying or getting cancer from pot. I mean, youd have to smoke A LOT A LOT of pot. Like alotalotalot. But i guess that wouldnt be a bad way to go.lol =-)
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds