• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Good news/Terrible news Positive Vibes are needed

#209985 1 year, 8 months ago
DenverMan, I'm sending lots of love to you and the family. Good vibes are with you all during this tough time. Im always available for some listening!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
wharfrat71
Junior Boarder

#209993 1 year, 8 months ago
Sorry to hear, DenverMan. SF will make you feel better! See you there, best of luck to your family!!! Denver Man wrote:
So my mom calls me last night to say that her medical procedure is scheduled for January so she can babysit! Now all we need to do is lock down travel arrangements and we'll be in San Francisco!!

Then came the terrible news as life seems to go sometimes. My cousin Lisa who is exactly 6 weeks older than me has been courageously battling cervical cancer for almost 2 years now. Many highs and lows, many rounds of chemo and surgeries. Hope was all but lost this summer until she was thankfully accepted into the mayo clinic. They did an intense surgery and removed a stubborn tumor attached to her pelvis with important arteries, anyway a very difficult procedure. It seemed like a miracle and she was doing well. But not even 2 months later she has several new tumors, one is for sure cancer the others most likely are too. Her doctor told her there is nothing more he can do, surgery is not really an option anymore. Perhaps the mayo clinic has some ideas but it sounds grim, very grim. She was given 6 months to "live".

We grew up together as our mothers are very close so we did everything together. My family is huge and her, my sister and myself were the babies of the family, the other cousins are older than us. She is like a sister to me. I cannot imagine life without her. She has a beautiful family, she is too young and it is not fair. This will shake our family badly, I didn't sleep much, and feeling pretty shocked and nauseous. I usually don't open up like this especially over the internet but I have seen all the love and comfort here and I know you all put out such great positive energy. Thank you for lending an ear, I feel a little better just getting it out.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#210004 1 year, 8 months ago
I appreciate everyone's encouraging words so much!! It means a lot. Thank you. I guarantee that she is not giving up.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#210031 1 year, 8 months ago
denver man i pray that you and your family are as well as can be expected but also that your love grows, nourishes and lifts eachother upduring this time. i hope you can feel the love and well wishes coming to you through this forum, thank you for letting us know and keeping your heart open-healing!!!!!!!!love!!!!!!!!
huemoon
Junior Boarder

#210033 1 year, 8 months ago
((((((((((((( FAMILY LOVE )))))))))))))
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#210137 1 year, 8 months ago
So sorry for your news. Sending your cousin the most positive vibes possible.
And leave it on!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#210140 1 year, 8 months ago
I know of this all to well I lost my mom to the very same cancer in 92 she was only 52 , I wish I had the perfect words to say It is a very hard thing to deal with someone you love has to go through so much , the question why her why now , believe me I was angry with god for a long time when he took her from me ..love her and your family everyday treasure every moment you have say everything you want to say .my prayers are with you .
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#210149 1 year, 8 months ago
Sending warm wishes and hoping for the best for you and your family. I know it must be very difficult, but it's important to stay positive, and cherish the really important things in life.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#210157 1 year, 8 months ago
Im sorry to hear about your cousin Matk. Life is a rollercoaster. I hope everything turns out positive.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mark and Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#210158 1 year, 8 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Sending nothing but positive vibes your way, my friend. So sorry to hear of your difficulties. Lost my father and my best friend to cancer, both in 2009, so I know your pain. The important thing now is what she does with those "6 months".

I hate it when doctors say you only have "x" time to live. It's just a educated guess, like a weatherman trying to predict what the weather will be in a month. Look at it this way, we all only have "x" amount of time to live. Just like the doctors we don't know for sure what that amount of time is. If you had a doctor or weatherman who made predictions, based on scientific information about traffic accidents, they could say because of your route to work, and the car you drive, etc etc.., that you only have "x" amount of time until you are in a deadly car accident. Doesn't it just make sense to live every day as if you only have "x" amount of time to live. "Carpe Diem" or "live for today, but plan for tomorrow"

I know I'm probably not making much sense, and most likely even offering less in the way of help, or compassion, for your situation, but I'm trying to explain how I processed the deaths of my friend and my father when they were given "x" amount of time to live. When I found out that my father only had "about 18 months" to live I was very depressed, and was obsessed over this 18 month time frame, which was about how long he lasted. But then I thought "Hey, he could have died in 3 months from a car accident, random violence, or some other unexpected and sudden death."

Experiences like this tell me that we should each treasure every day we are here, and every moment we spend with loved ones, because, cancer or no cancer, we all only have "x" time left on this big blue marble.

Know that my thoughts and energy are with you during this difficult time.

Strider - you make total sense! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this and sharing your experience. I agree with you 100%, you have to live your life NOW. The scary realization of this is that everything can be going great and then BAM you wake up not feeling good and find out you have a terminal disease, or like you said, get into a car accident. I know most of us are on a mission to see Bob and Phil as much as we can because we know it aint going to last forever. But in the same token, none of us know how long WE have either. It's the grim reality. This music and this scene mean way too much to me for me t sit back and wait for and hope for the next tour or show. This is one of the prime reasons why I don't want to miss out on anything because you never know .... So San Francisco here we come!!!

Again - thank you ALL so much for your kind words and for sharing your experiences. The vibes are strong and I can really feel your love. It felt really good getting it out there rather than bottling it up like I usually do. I look forward to giving you all a HUGE hug in SF. Love and kindness to each and everyone of you!

(((((((LISA)))))))
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther, scar1et_f1re, Strider1
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#210159 1 year, 8 months ago
Stay positive Brother. Let me know.

(((((((((((((LISA)))))))))))))))))
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by ecojaded.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#210175 1 year, 8 months ago
denver man wrote It felt really good getting it out there rather than bottling it up like I usually do. I look forward to giving you all a HUGE hug in SF. Love and kindness to each and everyone of you!

always come to us when you need a friend that is what we are here for no worries stay strong ..
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds