• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Connor
Junior Boarder

Cab accessibility from BGCA

#209929 1 year, 8 months ago
Hey guys,

My parents have given me the OK to see Furthur in San Francisco, with some conditions, one being that I stay in the Fisherman's Wharf district. My question is, how accessible are cabs after each night, especially the NYE show? Do I have to walk far to find one? or will they be just outside the theatre? any info would be of great help.
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Cab accessibility from BGCA

#209932 1 year, 8 months ago
Thats great news. Cabs are easy to get after the show, but you have to be aggressive. The 31 after the show, its pretty tough to get one cause the streets are so packed. I wouldnt worry about it. Your parents are smart it seems like. The wharf is way safer.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#209933 1 year, 8 months ago
The cabs are right outside and walking around that area there are some also. You just gotta work it a little and be aggressive like I said
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Connor
Junior Boarder

#209934 1 year, 8 months ago
ok. thanks for the info. if on nye i left like 10 minutes early, or if i was one of the first out after the encore, would it be any easier?
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

#209949 1 year, 8 months ago
on NYE it will be hard to get a cab after the show gets out
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#209951 1 year, 8 months ago
I suggest leaving half way through the Brokedown encore.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
thinman
Junior Boarder

#209958 1 year, 8 months ago
Cabs on NYE are nearly impossible because there are so many other things going on in the city. Then again, I've seen some lucky ass people walk right up to the street and hop right into a cab. You will have to walk to Market St a block away and flag one down. Its possible, but it may take a while. I would not leave the show any earlier. Part of the fun of the NYE show is walking out into the madness that goes on in front of the BGCC!!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#210044 1 year, 8 months ago
Take public transportation. That's always been one of the easiest systems to use in any city I've been to. You can take the F-Car down market right to the end of the wharf and back up again getting off right in front of the Whitcomb and on the corner of the BGCC block but check the schedules I don't know about holidays and off-times. The buses are great too here is the website for finding the different maps with bus routes... www.sfmta.com/cms/mmaps/official.htm they are direct and easy to travel on. I've never used them on NYE because we usually rent a car while we are there and stay at the Whitcomb which is next door anyway. Have fun!
Chester
More or less in line

#210074 1 year, 8 months ago
Bump
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds