• Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

30 Days of Dead - Happy November!!

#209379 1 year, 11 months ago
www.dead.net/30daysofdead/

From Dead.net

If you've been part of the Dead.net community for the past two years, then you know we're on a mission to make a miracle every day in the month of November. This year is no different.

As a token of our appreciation for making 2012 an epic year, we're giving away a high-quality 320Kbps MP3 download every day this month. That's 30 days of unreleased Grateful Dead tracks from the vault, selected by Dead archivist and producer David Lemieux! Intrigued? We're also going to put your knowledge to the test and give you the chance to win some sweet swag from the Dead.

You know your Ables from your Bakers from your C's, but can your finely tuned ears differentiate the cosmic "comeback" tour from a spacey 70's show? Each day we'll post a free download from one of the Dead's coveted shows. Will it be from that magical night at Madison Square Garden in '93 or from way back when they were just starting to warm it up at Winterland? Is that Pigpen's harmonica we hear? Brent on keys? Step right up and try your hand on November 1st.

Guess the venue and date correctly and you'll be automatically entered to win the prize of the day. Each day a winner will be selected at random, so take your time and make your best guess! Answer correctly, and you will also be automatically entered for our Grand Prize - a copy of the SOLD OUT Spring 1990 box set.

dead_2012-11-01.jpg
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, DigiGal, SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: 30 Days of Dead - Happy November!!

#209380 1 year, 11 months ago
I liked it better when it was first to guess wins. I won 2 Road Trips that first year
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#209399 1 year, 11 months ago
Nice Denverman!!!!

I just listened to the first song. I have no idea! I would say mid 80's maybe? And i couldn't tell you the venue/city. But I did take a shot. I'm ready for song 2 now!
Chester
More or less in line

#209444 1 year, 11 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
I liked it better when it was first to guess wins. I won 2 Road Trips that first year

Awesome! I won the Warlocks box set that year!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#209449 1 year, 11 months ago
That's an excellent box set.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#209655 1 year, 11 months ago
Bump for DAY TWO!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#210173 1 year, 11 months ago
I forgot all about this over the weekend....Thank goodness they archive the tracks....listening now!

Has anyone been making guesses and getting at least the city or date right? I'm lucky enough I can narrow it down by at least the era! I'd love to hug those who can guess it down to the exact date and city!
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#210208 1 year, 11 months ago
i also forgot about this. thanks for the thread to remind me. i put in my guess for today's song "Jack Straw" and i'm feeling good about my prediction.

edit: just noticed in the comments section of today's contest page that someone posted the venue/date. what a bozo. DON"T DO THAT!!! some of us like trying to figure it out all on our own.

double edit: ok my FFF brothers and sisters, you might as well send in your entry for Nov. 5 since someone already let the cat out of the bag. the answer is June 4, 1978. i went to a lot of work to figure that out, so it was frustrating to see that someone posted the answer before the contest was over. i'd love to see one of the FFF win today's contest.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Blues_Power.
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#211310 1 year, 11 months ago
anyone been submitting answers for the 30 days of dead? and has anyone been lucky enough to win one of the daily prizes? i am finding the songs from the 60s, 70s and 90s much easier to identify as compared to the 80s. the 80s can be pretty hard sometimes. the Samson & Delilah that was posted a couple of days ago totally stumped me. i thought for sure it was late 85 or early 86, but turned out to be early 88. looks like we've got another 80s sample with Scarlet > Fire. there were only a bazillion of these played in the 80s, so it should ne a piece of cake (not!).
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds