• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BobtheV
Fresh Boarder

How loud are they?

#209042 1 year, 12 months ago
I have seen the dead in their various incarnations since the early '90's, but all performances so far have been outside. Volume levels in those settings have been more or less perfect, loud enough but not too loud. Does this change when the boys show up to play indoors? I ask because I will be at the BGA for the NYE shows. I want to be prepared!
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by BobtheV.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: How loud are they?

#209043 1 year, 12 months ago
Im pretty big on the music being loud. I think you will be satisfied on nye, especially if you on the floor. Its never loud enough for my ears though, anywhere
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff, Bacon Rocks, RowTimmy
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#209051 1 year, 12 months ago
Furthur is not that loud.

Widespread on the other hand indoors is deadly. One time it was so loud my fillings in my teeth felt like they were going to fall out. It was torture. People were begging for ear plugs. Way too loud.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#209053 1 year, 12 months ago
It would be nice if they were louder to help overcome the chatter.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZenoMarx, 23atwell
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#209056 1 year, 12 months ago
DigiGal wrote:

Here here...........stop the chatter.

I agree with Denver Man, Furthur is not that loud. I too like it loud and wish sometimes it was louder. Maybe though that because I am sure I have hearing loss from my days of Playing in the Band. Man, it would take like two days for the ringing to go after a gig back then.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#209065 1 year, 12 months ago
DigiGal wrote:
Louder and cleaner. They could use a lot of both...like the old days. You still had to yell to your neighbor so they could hear you, but the music was clean and crisp. Healy. He knew his equipment. He tuned into the character of the venue and made full advantage. I miss it. I don't just want it louder for the sake of loudness. I also want the signal to respect the music played.

EDIT: and to answer the question, no worries about needing ear protection or finding a level of discomfort or fatigue. Furthur doesn't cart around enough equipment to get to that level.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by ZenoMarx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bacon Rocks
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#209069 1 year, 12 months ago
If it's not loud enough for you- go to the back, all the way to the outside hallway... they always have speakers out there for the two most rear doorways.... that's where the real party is !!!!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#209083 1 year, 12 months ago
I'm an ear cupper to boost sound, especially the high end. Makes me look stupid. But I'm kinda used to that.
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#209087 1 year, 12 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Furthur is not that loud.

Widespread on the other hand indoors is deadly. One time it was so loud my fillings in my teeth felt like they were going to fall out. It was torture. People were begging for ear plugs. Way too loud.

WHAT DID YOU SAY? oh, i gotcha now. Seriously i think i am somewhat hard of hearing from being dumb and being way too close for too many panic shows in my youth.
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds