• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

new GD 1973 recording in circulation

#208386 1 year, 12 months ago
For those SBD snobs out there (I'm one of you, except when it comes to the early 80s and then 90s, of when many of the AUDs sound better than the SBDs), there is great new 1973-12-18 AUD in circulation that will open your ears to the merits of audience recordings. I'm somewhere around a 7+ on a scale of 10; 10 being the answer to prayers, and 1 being total dogshit. Some people are saying it is a terrible recording, but then again, some folks cannot hear the different between MP3s and lossless. I wouldn't listen to either group of poo for ears. You can download it and stream it here:
archive.org/details/gd1973-12-18.122508....adamg.droncit.flac16

from the recording notes:
"This was recorded by a friend of mine. He had Garcia's/the band's permission, and was able
to record very close to the stage. It doesn't appear to circulate very much, although
know some dat copies were made in the mid-1990s. This is from a transfer he did in 1998,
burned to CD."
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr bakes, MushroomMan, theotherone, AcidTestGraduate
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: new GD 1973 recording in circulation

#208390 1 year, 12 months ago
Sounds amazing whether it's aud or sbd Bobbies stories are neat and you can hear and understand them. All in all I gotta give it an A!
Thanks Zeno
The voices tell me what to say
mtnhead
Junior Boarder

#208411 1 year, 12 months ago
Sounds good.

One thing I like about '73 shows is the up tempo They Love Each Other. I wish they had stuck to this way of playing throughout the years instead of the sloooowwwww tempo version.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by mtnhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theothrone
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#208430 1 year, 12 months ago
mtnhead wrote:
Sounds good.

One thing I like about '73 shows is the up tempo They Love Each Other. I wish they had stuck to this way of playing throughout the years instead of the sloooowwwww tempo version.

Thanks.

Couldnt agree more
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#208480 1 year, 12 months ago
Thanks Zeno. Listening to it right now, and enjoying very much. Couldn't make out the U-boat story. At Peggy-O right now,
unusual rendition tempo wise.

As far as quality goes I have tapes from the 70's that would probably make some people go insane listening to them,
they being 100th generation or whatever, and poor quality, but they were all we had. This sounds pretty darn good, and it's
nice to hear an audience recording of the wall of sound.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds