• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Refurbished Grate Room "unveiling" events

#208125 1 year, 5 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
the scofield/haynes shows are gonna be the hottest i think.
the Q will sell out first, but if you have ever listened to scofield that man is gifted.
i have a miles davis record called "under arrest" with scofield. it is insane.
i cant imagine that lineup not blowing the top off the mutha.

No doubt about it. Scofield is da man. If I was fortunate enough to be out there, no way in hell I would miss that.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#208127 1 year, 5 months ago
its for a different breed of deadhead.
im the type of deadhead who can barely afford 20-50 buck tickets, and prefer 5-20 buck shows.
i fig. there are enough rich deadheads to sell all these shows out, but it makes ME wonder what type of yuppie ass scene it must create at a show.
imagine being at a show with no lot, no miracle, and everyone in the room had a buck fifty to blow on a concert. bunch of rich white people.
not dissin. just sayin.
you can see just as good a show at sweetwater for 20 bucks. no grilled cheese or free posters, or whatever, but fuk go to in&out b4 the show.

for the price of ONE of these shows i can see, 6 DNB shows, or Devil makes 3, or NRPS, or JGB on halloween for 20 bucks.

i think phil is kinda floodin the market with his product, and when you do that the value falls.

i think 75 bucks to too much for one night. fukn twice that and for what? a poster, no wait its 300 for the poster and beer.

i go to shows for the quality of the music.
not for signatures on posters and to feel like im part of the "eliet vip"
allycatsunflower
Fresh Boarder
The music never stopped...

#208145 1 year, 5 months ago
It'd be awesome to be on the west coast..... man
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#208192 1 year, 5 months ago
Well, once again, the Q is playing the West Coast. Sooner or later they've gotta come East.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#208298 1 year, 5 months ago
the negativitiy of my previous post is mainly due to the fact that i cant afford these shows.
and i really want to go to the scofield ones, but even if i hit the lotto, spendin that kinda money, for ONE night, i just wasnt brought up that way.
if you were allowed to stay the night at TC, like indoor camping, then it would be worth it, cause you could deduct the price of the hotel from the ticket, making it affordable, and it would be kewl to have a "slumber party" with a bunch of deadheads.
why phil has not thought of this i do not know.
or maybe he just dont like the idea.
who knows.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#208324 1 year, 5 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
the negativitiy of my previous post is mainly due to the fact that i cant afford these shows.
and i really want to go to the scofield ones, but even if i hit the lotto, spendin that kinda money, for ONE night, i just wasnt brought up that way.
if you were allowed to stay the night at TC, like indoor camping, then it would be worth it, cause you could deduct the price of the hotel from the ticket, making it affordable, and it would be kewl to have a "slumber party" with a bunch of deadheads.
why phil has not thought of this i do not know.
or maybe he just dont like the idea.
who knows.

Camping would be great... Thats the only way I could justify spending 150 a night again, which even then it is still pricey... Because flight, hotel, and 150 tickets is insanely expensive..

I hope that he does some more rambles and/or cheaper shows. But I need to start saving money again.... I really have put my money where my love is this year
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#208429 1 year, 5 months ago
Phil is officially the hardest working senior in the world! God Bless Phil!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#208438 1 year, 5 months ago
Decisions.... Decisions.....

hmmm,,,,
Takin' it in stride!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#208440 1 year, 5 months ago
phil has done alot of free shows, ususally after a run like this, but dont count chickens b4 they hatch.
either way, im doin DNB, and bobby tour. not because i wouldnt LOVE to do ANY of the phil shows, just cant afford it.
and it butthurts me cause i live so close.
NYE IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#209634 1 year, 5 months ago
bump
Takin' it in stride!
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds