• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: Hurricane Sandy

#209671 1 year, 11 months ago
if anyone has the right frame of mind to get through all that it would be him stay strong and safe scarlet ....
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#209691 1 year, 11 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
if anyone has the right frame of mind to get through all that it would be him stay strong and safe scarlet ....

I agree, he's really being a trooper. They don't even have a generator, so he's keeping warm with just blankets. Makes for a pretty cold exit from the shower, poor guy!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#209836 1 year, 11 months ago
Happy to report I came home from Reckoning Band last night at 2AM to see that little orange light around the doorbell all lit up! What a kind sight it was. Electricity!!!

It was actually a very stress free few days, if you can get over the losing all the food stuff and deal with a modified diet of non-perishables.

I'm not a big TV person anyway, but I sure missed the internet . Phil's book searching for the sound kept me out of trouble at night.

Time for me to wash some clothes One of things I've always taken for granted, a washing machine and dryer in the house.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Chester
More or less in line

#209839 1 year, 11 months ago
Hey, glad to see you back. No damage to the house I hope?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#209845 1 year, 11 months ago
(((((((((((((((((((ELECTRICITY)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Longest I have gone is 6 days w/o power after big windstorm in 2006. Saving grace was gas fireplace (show, not for heat) in one room that if we "closed" it off using blankets at the door ways heated to 78 degrees and gas water heater for hot showers.

Otherwise after a day or two you just learned to deal and be entertained in other ways. I went skiing a lot, the areas had power.

Glad to hear its coming back to all the folks hit by the strom. My prayers are with you.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Griff. Reason: typo
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds