• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Hurricane Sandy

#209152 1 year, 5 months ago
Now video from individuals is popping up. This is amazing, and sad to see the destruction.
8 million people still without power. Hundreds of thousands in NYC alone.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#209165 1 year, 5 months ago
I heard from Warlock last night he lost power late Sunday night. He is safe but unfortunately power will not be restored for 7-10 days. Gosh thinking of everyone at this awful time!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#209182 1 year, 5 months ago
Wow, that's awful! Thank God he's safe!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
deadegad
Expert Boarder

#209193 1 year, 5 months ago
On Monday evening here on East 62nd St. in Manhattan the scarily quiet was punctuated by terrifying gusts of wind. I am in the back of the building facing south with a view looking out the kitchen window to the north through an alleyway, on Monday night I saw this big tree bending from east to west during one of the wind gusts and thought the whole tree might get uprooted. Then a bunch of branches snapped and flew up the street to the west. The speed at which they moved would scare the daylights out of you. I noticed a small piece of the tree perhaps one foot long or so but thick fly through the air like a missile past the alleyway's opening. The bark was completely peeled of exposing the jagged whitish pulp which was illuminated in the darkness by a street light. It was like a missile launch and I was glad to be inside. There were some people coming and going but thankfully they were not there at that time.

A friend who forgot to buy some beer considered making a beer run the corner deli but after retelling what I just saw. . .. "Chances are you will make it to the deli and back" said I "but do you want to risk losing an eye to a tree branch?" "Or worse?"

Fortunately I had some organic sulfite-free wine and beet wine( as it sounds wine made from beets which an Amish farmer I know makes).

As most of you know this city is a mess. One of my earliest memories is swimming one summer in the bay at Brezzey Point where over one hundred homes burned to the ground. Thank God no one was hurt and God Bless the NYFD.

We have heat and power here but many people do not. Like NJ Governor Christie I often visited the amusement park boardwalk pier at Seaside Heights NJ but no it has collapsed into the ocean. Weird looking sight to behold.

This is going to take sometime to recover from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , kevin
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#209278 1 year, 5 months ago
Prayers and Healing for Earth and her People

(((Hope, Strength, and Blessings for the Survivors of Sandy)))
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by PMoondancer .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, FurthurFlower67, bluetrainsugaree
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#209355 1 year, 5 months ago
My husband called scarlet yesturday he is fine but his home will probably not have power for 2 weeks god it is so terrible this has happend so many people lost everything to fire parts of nj where we just were this summer unrecognisable to me .If I didnot have to work I would love to go down to feed people or help do something .good news scarlet is ok we were concerned ..
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#209367 1 year, 5 months ago
probably due to the power loss he has not been able to get to us ,... hopes and prayers to everyone affected
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#209446 1 year, 5 months ago
bmp for more prayers and vibes for those who are dealing with this .. .. .
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#209450 1 year, 5 months ago
Warmth, happiness, and good love to all those involved!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#209479 1 year, 5 months ago
I was at work Monday night. The building I work at is in downtown Manhattan. The power went down around 7:00 PM (Monday). The automatic Generator blew up around 7:30 PM. We couldn't get out of the building because the basement was flooded and the first floor had up to 5 feet of water. Building personel brought us all of us (about15 people) to a lower floor. The water receded in the morning. We were able to get out of the building and get transportation out of downtown. There was no power in the city until about 34 th street. I am extremely fortunate. My apartment has electricity, heat and all that stuff. The damage for NY, New Jersey and other places is devastating. We are tough people. We will recover and survive. Healing vibes to all in need!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, alilfurther, kevin, bluetrainsugaree
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds