• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Hurricane Sandy

#208878 1 year, 10 months ago
we lucked out for 3 storms in a row not losing power (Irene last year, the ice storm last fall and then this one) - prayers go out for everyone effected. Looks like NYC got it pretty bad

there were mandatory evacuations on the coast in CT - they banned trucks on the highways yesterday and everything. They didn't actually close them but were encouraging everyone not to be out.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#208885 1 year, 10 months ago
my son who is the AF in Oaklahoma just called to see if we were ok , evidently the military makes sure soldiers are informed to check on their families when these kindd of things occur I feel so safe !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#208896 1 year, 10 months ago
what a scary situation and tremendous mess. Hope all our family has power and is dry....
hope this does not affect any of the Phil shows, cuz the shows are just what the folks need after this situation.
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#208906 1 year, 10 months ago
All we have is a few big branches down, here on the outer edges of the storm. How's things out there? I'm not seeing reports from Connecticut or New Jersey, hope MushroomMan and Wheelie made it through OK!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#208907 1 year, 10 months ago
MM reported 2 hours ago

How about a report from NYC?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

#208925 1 year, 10 months ago
any word from Scar1et? long island got hit pretty hard, i see his last post in this topic was over 22 hours ago.
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#209052 1 year, 10 months ago
Watching film from NYC now. I'm really speechless.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#209061 1 year, 10 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:
any word from Scar1et? long island got hit pretty hard, i see his last post in this topic was over 22 hours ago.

(((((SCARLET)))))

Long Island was hit really hard with property damage, very high surf, especially on the south part where I think he lives,
-- smell every flower --
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bacon Rocks
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#209071 1 year, 10 months ago
kevin wrote:
Bacon Rocks wrote:

(((((SCARLET)))))

Long Island was hit really hard with property damage, very high surf, especially on the south part where I think he lives,

I just got a text from him. He's got some trees down and no power, but is safe and sound. He's reading and listening to music. Send good thoughts his way!!

((((((POWER))))))
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, lightchaser, Bacon Rocks
Poles
Expert Boarder

#209073 1 year, 10 months ago
My town in NW Jersey was hit very hard. Many roads are closed due to downed trees and wires. The main power lines near my house had the tops sheared right off. We are all safe and well at my place, but we are without power and it sounds like the earliest we could expect power is Nov. 5th. I hope and pray everyone else is ok as well.
Don't ya touch hard liquor
Just a cup of cold coffee
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Poles.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds