• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

Re: Hurricane Sandy

#208672 1 year, 9 months ago
Sending good vibes and wishing all the east-coasters stay safe through the storm!
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#208676 1 year, 9 months ago
I feel bad for those soldiers. Sometimes things just seem really unecessary.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#208679 1 year, 9 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Very cool about the soldiers, Sue.

Getting steadily worse here in the Philly area. Round the clock coverage on local TV. The shots from Jersey are already heartbreaking.

I'm 2 hours due north of philly, work closed early, this constant news coverage has amped up everyone's anxiety, people acting like it's Armageddon, preparing for power outages for days, According to the projections, the hurricane will be passing right through my home area of northeast PA which should be interesting. Store shelves are bare and yes, the views of Jersey and Delmarva are heartbreaking (we got to Ocean City MD several times a year,the entire 300 foot long pier has been washed out to sea).

I love some good old Mother Nature drama, just dread buying supplies I hopefully won't need

-- smell every flower --
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#208680 1 year, 9 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
All good here on Long Island so far....

Stay safe everyone

You especially be careful, they already evacuated 340,000 people from low lying parts of NYC.
btw, where the hell do they put 340,000 evacuated people in NYC ?
-- smell every flower --
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#208685 1 year, 9 months ago
My organic sulfite free wine is running low here in NYC. . .. I wonder if the liquor store is open. . .. Nah. . . I can always drink the cooking sherry!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#208689 1 year, 9 months ago
wow I just saw the pics from Jersey they are getting pounded hope everyone there is somewhere safe and dry ...
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#208698 1 year, 9 months ago
((((Protection))))

A shout out from Miami to all the brothers & sisters up in the North East Coast, I'm sending you all protective vibes. I know what these storms are like and and what it's like to lose power for awhile, being under curfew, etc. and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just hope people don't panic and begin to fight over food, fuel, etc. as I witnessed during Hurricane Wilma. So, as Phil always says, "Take care of yourselves and each other".

Those of us in the forum will be sending you good vibes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#208711 1 year, 9 months ago
4:28 here starting to get windier and rain , I am so bummed though cuz this will put a damper on halloween I have at leat 8 bags we are going to have to eat now ....
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#208712 1 year, 9 months ago
it is all good be safe everyone
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#208714 1 year, 9 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
4:28 here starting to get windier and rain , I am so bummed though cuz this will put a damper on halloween I have at leat 8 bags we are going to have to eat now ....

Starting to get the wind gusts now. So far, so good.

Some folks have called to check in on us today. One of them's a guy I know out in Oregon who grew up in Boston. He knows storms. Said from what he's seeing on CNN this will be the storm of a lifetime. definitely some anxiety here.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds