• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

FFF Visits to RNR Hall of Fame! Post yours!

#207260 1 year, 10 months ago
Just talked to my dad, and he reminded me that November 1st is Day of the DEAD!!!!!!

Perfect how the universe comes together like that
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: UPDATE: patchmyfurthur trip to RNR Hall of Fame

#207333 1 year, 10 months ago
Exciting! I hope you have a grateful time!!!

I am excited myself about my trip there! A friend and I were looking at the website to see what other stuff they offer and when we seen all the cool stuff we had to stop because we wanted to be surprised! Can't wait!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#209631 1 year, 10 months ago
Enjoy your trip Em.

Take lots of pictures!
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#209638 1 year, 10 months ago
I'm in town! Goin to the HOF today. Kinda cloudy, pretty chilly, but ready to have a real good time
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#209877 1 year, 10 months ago
When you get a chance tell me a little bit about it. Could you take any pictures? I'm super stoked about next weekend when I'm going! But I won't be going til Saturday and David Lemieux is speaking there Friday. Kinda bummed I'm missing that by a day but still happy to be going!
Connor
Junior Boarder

#209883 1 year, 10 months ago
I went to the hall of fame march 2011, on my way back from seeing Furthur in Pittsburgh. that place is not for acrophobics like me. too many high ledges. The exhibits themselves are really good though! I'm sure Patrick will tell you more about them.
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#209889 1 year, 10 months ago
Guys, the exhibit is AWESOME! Actually, it was all around pretty awesome at all the exhibits.

As for the GD, they have all of Jerry's guitars from the Bean and on. This makes me wonder, are they the real ones? Doesn't someone out of the GD family own them? Anyway. Also have a few of Bobby's guitars, the pink one included. Also they only have ONE bass. That is very weird, to me, because didn't Phil play a lot of basses throughout the GD years?

Anyway...it was interesting to learn that the organ and keyboards they have were used by Pigpen, Brent, AND Keith. The b3 they have wasn't the last one Brent played, though, because that has all the stickers on it. It was used by Pig, so I'm guessing they just used it in the beginning of the Brent years.

Saw 2 of Donna's dresses. One from the Closing of Winterland, but both were worn on the Egypt tour. That was pretty sweet. Wish they had Bobby's short shorts hahahaha

Other interesting artifacts include handwritten lyrics, handwritten notes for the arrangement/recording of songs on "Anthem of the Sun," the pitchforks used in "Hell in a Bucket" video (where are the "Touch of Grey" skeletons?! Criminal.), a huge Wake of the Flood poster, letters from the band, mail order envelopes, tickets....the list goes on and on.

It is definitely something I would pay $22 to go see again.

NO PICTURES inside.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, kevin, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67, Strider1, XtraCheddar
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#209913 1 year, 9 months ago
Thanks for the review, I'm glad it was fun! That is a bummer that you can't take pictures, though. Most museums at least allow non-flash shots. I'm definitely going to have to get there in the next month, it's only about 2.5 hours away. Trying to talk Dave into going next weekend, but not sure it's going to happen. Have fun Saturday, Em!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
bambamcdn
Junior Boarder

#209925 1 year, 9 months ago
Sweet! can't wait going right after Christmas on my way back to Ohio.
Someday, everything is gonna be different
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#213096 1 year, 9 months ago
I had a wonderful time at the hall of fame this past weekend!!!

And I want to just say if you haven't been go!!!! And its a bonus there is a GD exhibit! There is just so much history in every inch of that place! When I would look at all the items from different years I would get sucked back into that time. It was quite moving! They had everything you could imagine there. From Janis Joplin's car to Levon Helm's mandolin from 1914 and John Lennon's famous glasses to Jim Morrison's first grade math paper.

There was a no picture policy but it didn't stop anyone of taking pictures. I only wish I had brought my camera in or at least my phone. I really also wish I had a note pad or something to keep a list of everything that I had saw that I thought was interesting.

A few of the things that really moved me was the Pigpen stuff they had!!! They had his banjo and lyrics he wrote to Operator (I think that was the song). And those items weren't even in the official GD exhibit. They were else where in the museum.

But the GD exhibit was awesome! They had Jerry's rainbow pants on display!!!! I love those pants! Mountain Girl had actually made them for him! And everything Patch mentioned was there. And they also had Pigpen's congas which were given to him by Mickey. How sweet! And some stuff the fans made through out the years. They had a pair of GD roach clips! My friend was very amazed by them. They want to start making some. So if they come out good I'll keep you all informed....but I get the first pair.

The hall of fame was a bit smaller than I had imagined. But it was totally worth the trip! A few years ago I had a sudden urge to visit the hall of fame and I'm so glad I did and marked it off my bucket list! I would totally go back!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds