She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, dougieisirie
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

Re: holiday inn vs whitcomb

#207621 1 year, 9 months ago
Nice thing about the Whitcomb is.. as you walk down the hall, when Furthur is in town, each doorway has a different smell coming from it. Some good , some bad.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#207785 1 year, 9 months ago
The Whitcomb hallways are great for doing cartwheels!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
Lazy-Lightnin
Fresh Boarder
One way or the other this darkness got to give

#208695 1 year, 8 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
Lazy-Lightnin wrote:
Stayed at The Good Hotel at 7th and Mission last year and it was full of heads. Not too crazy loud but there was tons of smoke drifting down the halls 24/7 and the staff was totally laid back about it. It's a half mile from the BG and about a 10 minute walk.

That's a great find! and they have loaner bicycles.

And they weren't troubled by the smoking? Seems at odds with how they sell themselves as being so clean and green.

How was the walk back to the hotel after the shows? Did you experience much riff raff on the streets at that late hour.

I know it tends to get sketchier as you move south of Market Street and down in street numbers. Just curious.

The walk back from BG to The Good Hotel wasn't bad at all. It's just a block south of Market and most of that is past the big federal building...very little riff-raff.

What I did notice yesterday is that The Good Hotel has posted a new policy of $250 fine PER DAY for smoking in rooms. I don't know if this was instituted specifically because of last year's scene, but it does bother me a bit since it definitely wasn't posted last year (I checked the Wayback Machine to be sure).

Now I have a rez there and at the Whitcomb but I'm really leaning towards the Whitcomb now. 4 days of $250 fines would sure add up!!
It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#208700 1 year, 8 months ago
wunderland wrote : The Whitcomb hallways are great for doing cartwheels!

ahahah a gal after my own heart play play !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wundurland
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#208701 1 year, 8 months ago
after my birthday show last november I filled up the entire hallway with bubbles for a bubble machine we brought !!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#208705 1 year, 8 months ago
Lazy-Lightnin wrote:

Now I have a rez there and at the Whitcomb but I'm really leaning towards the Whitcomb now. 4 days of $250 fines would sure add up!!

Personally, I am so disgustingly wealthy, I would just show up and pay the fine in advance. Drop a grand in cash on the counter and tell them that for $250.00 a day I will be smoking like a chimney all over their hotel for the next 4 days. And then I would use $20 bills instead of rolling paper when twisting up my ganj. (just kidding. If I had a pot to piss in, I would sell it for airfare, hotel and tix for the NYE run).

For $1000 I would sooner just smoke outside. If you can afford to pay that in fines, you can probably rent an apartment for a whole month and smoke to your lungs content (or discontent).
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds