• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
terrapintim
Junior Boarder
I know this song it ain't never gonna end

Re: TXR HOEDOWNS

#206847 1 year, 9 months ago
hot damn! it's great that phil has the opportunity to play with his sons like this! im sure it brings great pleasure to him! also anything with a banjo is grand, especially dead songs!
I wrote a letter I mailed in the air.
You may know by that I've got a friend somewhere
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#206848 1 year, 9 months ago
i totally agree with you.
i often reserve judgement on a band, musician,until i have seen them live.
bands that i would not like ifn i had not seen them live are many, galactic, devil makes 3, too many to list realy.
so we both think that you need to be there to fully experience and decide if the music is good. there are some things that just dont get transmitted via audio, therefore cant be judged unless you are there.
like the electricity in the air at red rox phl spoke of.
i could listen to those shows till the cows come home, and i aint gonna know what he was talking about cause i wasnt there, i could compare it to something i have experinced, but i cant say that i have an opinion on anything but what i experienced, the audio streams.
damn, im glad, we agree on this.
i was about to start scoring this like a lincon douglas.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#206850 1 year, 9 months ago
Again - I'm not passing judgment as in "If I don't like it it can't be any good". There's plenty of that around here. And I admitted I haven't seen them live but I have seen a show or 2 in my day and I'm just guessing, even live I wouldn't be into it as much as other bands/line ups. I'm also guessing this because PL&F have never been my favorite line up anyway. Not to say his bands are terrible or not good or not worthy, it's just not my favorite. That being said, if he rolls through Denver I'll be there waving my money at him. I'm glad Phil and sons works for some people, that's totally awesome, and that's what it is all about - find what makes you happy and what puts your head in the right place.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#206855 1 year, 9 months ago
denver man, is there still that wierd guy in vail that dresses up like a rabbi or something, and stands on the conrner across from wendys and dances/holds up religious signs?
i saw him like 9 years ago, and the locals told me he had been there for years, they all seemed to not be threatened, and genereally think he was harmlesss.
he did seem kinda kewl. for a religious nut.
atleast he had style.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#206872 1 year, 9 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
denver man, is there still that wierd guy in vail that dresses up like a rabbi or something, and stands on the conrner across from wendys and dances/holds up religious signs?
i saw him like 9 years ago, and the locals told me he had been there for years, they all seemed to not be threatened, and genereally think he was harmlesss.
he did seem kinda kewl. for a religious nut.
atleast he had style.

A weird guy in Vail?? No way! Just joking, yeah I don't know, haven't been up to the ski towns much recently.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#206878 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeah Denverman, I really really would love to hear a Bobby Mcgee by anyone, I dont think I ever had... It would be a nice NYE treat.... I really want to move to Terrapin, its such a magical place and theres always free and cheap stuff going on...

As far as Phils kids, I saw Brian live for the last five nights of the official 12 night run and he was pretty good and he suprised me. I saw him and Brian live together at Telluride, but didnt really like Brian and Graham together.... I especially didnt like Brian.... There were some sound problems for most of the show though and that could of made an impact. I think it is cool that Phil plays with his kids and though Graham can shred, I would much rather see just about anyone else. It does have to be the ultimate high for Phil though and I see why he does it.
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#207308 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
what i didn't reveal to the audience beforehand is i was in the camp of "don't want to see or hear them with phils lineups" at one point.

i went into these with zero expectations or preconceived notions, and witnessed some incredible music being made.

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Amen, brother. That's the ticket to greater enjoyment in life. Enjoy the experience as it occurs. You are living in the moment.

Phil helps us to expand our musical universe. Last year, Ross James was unknown to me, and now I'm a fan. I'm grateful that this timeless music is being performed by younger musicians who will continue to satisfy our thirst for these tunes in the future.
Thank You Jerry
Carl
Junior Boarder

#207328 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
that's not what i was implying joe. i said "just curious". and then went on to explain why i asked in my next post. i'm develping a theory brother, and it holds up, not just from you two. i've been polling both sides of the spectrum. this didn't start today. i've been working on it since summer

i totally agree with you lewis. I have seen them all play 4 times now. I was impressed the first time, and by the fourth time I was actually shocked by the combo of their natural talent, and they way the have developed since I fisrt saw them back in march 2012
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds