• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Test Batch Chili

#207279 1 year, 10 months ago
Terrapin Sedation,

Turkey doesn't add that much flavor, its very low fat and has good protein so I use it and try to compensate with some olive oil and spices. I try to keep it as healthy as I can. The turkey sausage is nice though, the caraway seeds are a nice addition and definitely add to the flavor.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: Test Batch Chili

#207281 1 year, 10 months ago
Bacon Rocks wrote:
this is so much fun, almost feel like i'm in the kitchen with ya whipping up the next batch. (really wish i was though!)
As far as the pot goes.....oh wait, i mean the kettle.... stainless steel is fine, just not aluminum, cast iron is overboard for this usage. I love the idea of roasting the jalapenos, to me jalapenos are not hot just full of flavor particularly if the seeds are not used. Roasting them will add yet another layer of flavor albeit maybe not necessary if still using the anchos.
but don't forget too many cooks in the kitchen.........

just let your chili flag fly!!!!! I'm there with ya in spirit!!!

I'm going to skip the dried ancho's this time. I don't feel they added as much flavor as I would have liked. I've made some pretty good chili in my steel pot, so for now I'm going to stick with it. Maybe I'll get an enamel one later but I don't feel any immediate need. Roasting the peppers isn't that hard to do, and it adds flavor, so I have to try it this time.

And I quote granny from the Beverly Hillbillies when the hippie asked her how to smoke crawdads..."first, you get a little pot."
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Time to create page: 5.06 seconds