• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7490
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208608 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Congratulations, Ryan and the rest of the Giants fans! The Giants were great from the first pitch on, and couldn't be stopped. You definitely earned it!


Now, time for an Oakland-Detroit Super Bowl!


I had to rub my eyes, check my glasses perscription and refresh my computer ... but it is still there ... Oakland and Super Bowl in the same sentence?? Uhh yeah the Bay area will have to be content with just a World Series.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4811
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208621 1 year, 10 months ago
imagesCA7EC9YI.jpg




O what a season. I really dont have much more to say today. This post season was so exciting. I really havent seen baseball played so well in the last couple weaks. Its fun to be apart of something your a big fan off. The storys behind these players on the Giants are well deserving. Very grateful bunch.
Watching FOX is horrible. They really need to change that. Kruk and Kuip deserve to be the ones calling the games if there at home. Or vice versa. I thnk Erin is hot. If she want hot then I would say get out. Theres no way FOX wanted this to end. I thought it sounded like they wanted a game 5. Either way I sick of Joe Buck and there crew.

Now the Raiders!!HMMM. I was hoping the Broncos were going to lose lastnight. This division would of been alot more interesting today. Im still not optimistic about the Raiders. If we win Sunday against the Bucs, then Im going to be. I am a bit surprised that the Lions beat the Seahwks. I think the Lions just might of turned there season around.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:31382
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208625 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Congratulations, Ryan and the rest of the Giants fans! The Giants were great from the first pitch on, and couldn't be stopped. You definitely earned it!


Now, time for an Oakland-Detroit Super Bowl!


I had to rub my eyes, check my glasses perscription and refresh my computer ... but it is still there ... Oakland and Super Bowl in the same sentence?? Uhh yeah the Bay area will have to be content with just a World Series.

Better not let my darling guy Howie Long hear you say that. He and Lyle Alzado and that whole Super Bowl winning tough Oakland squad were one of my all time favorite teams back in the day!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Wheelman
Gold Boarder
Posts:1193

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208636 1 year, 10 months ago
World Series victory triggers mass riots in San Francisco

rt.com/usa/news/san-francisco-riots-giants-466/
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7490
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208638 1 year, 10 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
World Series victory triggers mass riots in San Francisco

rt.com/usa/news/san-francisco-riots-giants-466/


Nothing like destroying your own city in "celebration". Sheesh.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7490
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208639 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Congratulations, Ryan and the rest of the Giants fans! The Giants were great from the first pitch on, and couldn't be stopped. You definitely earned it!


Now, time for an Oakland-Detroit Super Bowl!


I had to rub my eyes, check my glasses perscription and refresh my computer ... but it is still there ... Oakland and Super Bowl in the same sentence?? Uhh yeah the Bay area will have to be content with just a World Series.

Better not let my darling guy Howie Long hear you say that. He and Lyle Alzado and that whole Super Bowl winning tough Oakland squad were one of my all time favorite teams back in the day!!


Darling Howie Long?? "Back in the day" the key statement there.

Hey Lyle Alzado was a part of the Orange Crush as well.

GO BRONCOS!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2725

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208664 1 year, 10 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
World Series victory triggers mass riots in San Francisco

rt.com/usa/news/san-francisco-riots-giants-466/


That's one thing we're proud of around here in StL. We just don't do that when we win. Not even in 2000 when the Rams won the Super Bowl, and never for the Cardinals.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4811
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208671 1 year, 10 months ago
You guys have to know that the people that are doing this destruction are "not" Giant Fans. People over here will find any reason to riot. Dont be fooled PLEASE
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:31382
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208729 1 year, 10 months ago
Denver Man wrote:


Darling Howie Long?? "Back in the day" the key statement there.

Hey Lyle Alzado was a part of the Orange Crush as well.

GO BRONCOS!!

Hey, watch it, Howie is hot and always has been! He's on the top of my "celebrity cheat list".


I was a huge Elway fan, too! You needed back ups to root for during most of the Lion's seasons.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Posts:829
Don't you see........

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208785 1 year, 10 months ago
Well DenverMan called the sweep, cant believe it. Great games and much closer then a sweep would indicate.

Agree that Erin is hot but is not good at interviewing. At first I liked her but then when she looked so miserable during that rain storm that ended the NLCS in SF that I realized she is a just a prima donna, the type of female I dislike the most.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2725

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208804 1 year, 10 months ago
23atwell wrote:
You guys have to know that the people that are doing this destruction are "not" Giant Fans. People over here will find any reason to riot. Dont be fooled PLEASE


Do you mean that people came to town just to throw the them self's a riot? Folks who didn't even watch the game.

I'm sure it's obviously not all the Giants fans, just some of them. The rowdier ones.

If not there would be riots every day.

I can appreciate how you wouldn't want to be all considered rioters, but some fans definitely were.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Ossumpei.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2725

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#209160 1 year, 10 months ago
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Time to create page: 1.99 seconds