• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5021
Good Love!

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#207970 1 year, 10 months ago
mlb.jibjab.com/view/7S79uQmvTY-iuTCg9T_F...Jab&cmpid=jj_url

Someone posted this to TRI's facebook! Soo funny!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
Posts:7490
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#207972 1 year, 10 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
It ain't over till its over.

Momentum can swing wildly.

Like joe buck said, the Giants have done no wrong for 5 the last 5 games. The question is can they continue?

It's easy not having a team in it. You don't suffer the drama of it all.

But winning sure is sweet.


It better swing wildly in the next game or it will be a sweep like I predicted.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4811
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#207978 1 year, 10 months ago
I hate to burst your bubble but we have more wins on the road this year than we do at home. When you get great pitching its hard to win games, doesnt matter what team you are. I believe its the momentum all the way. Ever since Zito one that elmination game in Cincinatti. Like I said before, are defense is almost perfect. All year are defense has been a weapon. It aint over though. Just like the Giants did with winning 6 elmination games, so can the tigers. Vogelsong is pitching tomorrow, hes are ace in this post season.
Good thing for the tigers, they get a day off and can get some rest;) Tigers also get to but another bat in the line up now with the DH, that will help.With the Giants you just never know whos going to show up, its always someone different. Great team the Giants got.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4811
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#207979 1 year, 10 months ago
Crazy stat for the Tigers. They only got shut out 2 times in the regular season. Great stat.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:31379
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208007 1 year, 10 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Crazy stat for the Tigers. They only got shut out 2 times in the regular season. Great stat.

Awful stat!! I sure hope they look better this weekend, or I'm going back to football!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5437

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208019 1 year, 10 months ago
I think it was Joe Buck who stated that world series teams who win the first two games have a 79% chance of winning the series. Detroit would have to win 4 of the next 5 games in order to cash in on their 21% statistical odds. On the other hand, if Detroit wins all of their home games, they only have to win one of two in SF to become world champs. Any way you spin the probabilities and statistics, Detroit has an uphill climb. Now if that damn ball had not hit third base, and that bunt did not stay fair, then...
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2725

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208024 1 year, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
23atwell wrote:
Crazy stat for the Tigers. They only got shut out 2 times in the regular season. Great stat.

Awful stat!! I sure hope they look better this weekend, or I'm going back to football!


Tell them Sue, all the Tigers need is some home cooking. Then its a different story.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2725

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208025 1 year, 10 months ago
nycdave wrote:
I think it was Joe Buck who stated that world series teams who win the first two games have a 79% chance of winning the series. Detroit would have to win 4 of the next 5 games in order to cash in on their 21% statistical odds. On the other hand, if Detroit wins all of their home games, they only have to win one of two in SF to become world champs. Any way you spin the probabilities and statistics, Detroit has an uphill climb. Now if that damn ball had not hit third base, and that bunt did not stay fair, then...


Not looking to good is it Dave? It can be done, and has in the past, but rarely.

It would be extra exciting if the Tigers came back.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4811
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208028 1 year, 10 months ago
nycdave wrote:
I think it was Joe Buck who stated that world series teams who win the first two games have a 79% chance of winning the series. Detroit would have to win 4 of the next 5 games in order to cash in on their 21% statistical odds. On the other hand, if Detroit wins all of their home games, they only have to win one of two in SF to become world champs. Any way you spin the probabilities and statistics, Detroit has an uphill climb. Now if that damn ball had not hit third base, and that bunt did not stay fair, then...


All the Tigers have to do is win tomorrow. One game at a time. Trust me, Ive been watching the Giants do it like that
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2725

Re: WORLD SERIES 2012!!!

#208034 1 year, 10 months ago
Look at the Red Sox in 2004. They came from being down 3-0 in the ALCS, to beating the Yankees 4-3, then sweeping the Cardinals in the WS. An 8 game run that reversed the curse, under a blue moon for game 4 in the WS. Now that's cool even though the Cards lost.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds