• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Carl
Junior Boarder

Primus traveling psychedelic 3D extravaganza 12/30

#204761 1 year, 6 months ago
anyone else heard of this? it looks so rad! i love the Furthur NYE runs and have been to the last three but I am def gonna skip out on sunday night and jet over the the Warfield to check this show out.

www.primusville.com/
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

Re: Primus traveling psychedelic 3D extravaganza 12/30

#204810 1 year, 6 months ago
I will be in Boston this Saturday! I love Furthur but this show proves to blow any other show out of the water. I cant wait.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#204860 1 year, 6 months ago
i also am goin to skip a one of the nights of furthur for primus.
its just which night?
tough call.
but either way primus plays so damn well, i cant imagine a 3d light show to go with it.
def. worth checking out.
why cant ratdog come back and open for primus with jay pulling double duty. of course i would prefer a co headling thing with each band getting a nice long set, then an extended encore with peeps from both bands.
i do believe claypool once sat in with ratdog at some festie and it rocked.
i love primus/frog brigade/claypool etc. versions of other one.
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#204861 1 year, 6 months ago
If you have never seen Primus before, your always going to be in for a treat.

If you have seen Primus before, prepare to be blown away. They are playing some really deep spacey, jammed out songs that have not been played in a very long time(and never with Jayski). One song that thy have played both nights had never been played by Primus live before. Ive heard mixed reviews on the 3D visuals and sound, it looks like they are still hammering out some kinks on that end. There has been some really great banter between the boys and it seems like they are really pleased to be jamming to these deeper tracks.

Awesome new poster series too with some really interesting people doing some of them. Bob C. Cock (Primus canon), Adam Jones(from TOOL) and South Park Studios(hopefully in Denver where I am seeign them) are some of the more odd names on the list. My mom went into Burlington and surprised me by picking up the David welker print for me.
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#204864 1 year, 6 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:

why cant ratdog come back and open for primus with jay pulling double duty. of course i would prefer a co headling thing with each band getting a nice long set, then an extended encore with peeps from both bands.

They called it the Rat Brigade, 2 separate years at Gathering of the Vibes. Missed it live but the 2001 recording is one of my favorites of all time. Les is obviously out of his mind on something, its damn entertaining and oh my lord the jams.
Wish I could make the new years run, your guaranteed to get some great guests and opening acts from guys like MIRV and Mike Dillon. I would sell everything I own for a NYE Rat brigade show though...
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#204882 1 year, 6 months ago
I would be there also if it wasnt for furthur. Looks like a good one
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#204903 1 year, 6 months ago
NewHampshireJed wrote:
I will be in Boston this Saturday! I love Furthur but this show proves to blow any other show out of the water. I cant wait.

Me too! It's gonna be killer I LOVE Primus!!!
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#204979 1 year, 6 months ago
Nice dude where you sitting? I got fucking KK seats thanks to presale, they are the best seats i have ever gotten for anything!
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#209833 1 year, 5 months ago
Caught Primus last night here in KC. Wow!

Excellent show, and the 3D visuals and surround sound was a nice bonus.

Really impressed with their performance.

Definitely worth catching them this tour if you can.

As much as I enjoyed this show, I don't think I can give up even one night of Furthur at BGCA for the Primus shows at the Warfield. If only Primus was playing on the 28th or 1st. Oh well, can't see them all.
Takin' it in stride!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#209848 1 year, 5 months ago
EyeBallKid wrote:
illuminaughty wrote:

They called it the Rat Brigade, 2 separate years at Gathering of the Vibes. Missed it live but the 2001 recording is one of my favorites of all time. Les is obviously out of his mind on something, its damn entertaining and oh my lord the jams.
Wish I could make the new years run, your guaranteed to get some great guests and opening acts from guys like MIRV and Mike Dillon. I would sell everything I own for a NYE Rat brigade show though...
What's the date on that 2001 recording? I cannot find Ratdog as listed at the 2001 Gathering. I'd like to hear that. I located the 2000 Gathering recording.

The 2000 recording shows up in two ways (same recording):
db.etree.org/shn/1295 Ratdog
db.etree.org/shn/13938 Les Claypool's Rat Brigade
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by ZenoMarx.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds