• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
robertchampion
Junior Boarder
Call me Robbie

Grateful Dead - Mayan Table - 2012 - Reflections

#204547 1 year, 10 months ago
Please help me share this - Now up for 10 Day Auction @ cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110964562399 - This is the latest upcycled table from The Sloping Companion workshop. It's called 2012 - Reflections.
What you see here is the traditional steal your face iconography. However, it is reversed as in the traditional way to remind us that we are currently living within a reflective state of ourselves. We look into the mind and we see ourselves. Moreover, you will notice the popular Mayan iconography.

However, depicted at the bottom are the hero twins opposed to each other instead of their traditional position of them facing each other at the bottom of this iconic piece. The hero twins are opposed to each other within this reflection to symbolize the end of a dramatic celestial count as they move inward to devour their own body and the count in which it took to bring us to this position in the more accurate world of celestial time. 2013 marks a new era in this celestial count and it is represented here as the twins begin to destroy their previous cycle to begin anew into where we stand as a society in 2013. A cycle ends and a new one begins.

The woodburning "pyrography" is a time consuming process but the end result is always magical. The dimensions of this piece are 24 X 28 inches wide ad 24 inches high from the ground. It would look amazing just about anywhere you need a table. Spread the word about our auctions and thank you for all the awesome support since we launched the web site!

Take care of each other...Listen...Read...Rage
Listen...Read...Rage...www.theslopingcompanion.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, Bilbo
robertchampion
Junior Boarder
Call me Robbie

Re: Grateful Dead - Mayan Table - 2012 - Reflections

#204599 1 year, 10 months ago
Any feedback?
robertchampion
Junior Boarder
Call me Robbie

#204942 1 year, 10 months ago
Any love?
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#204978 1 year, 10 months ago
That is very cool! Is it one of a kind? It definetly has an energy of sorts...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds