• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
BEW
Junior Boarder
Posts:103

Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20449 3 years, 5 months ago
What's your view...?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20452 3 years, 5 months ago
this topic has been discussed in kids @ futhur shows,
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das, BEW
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1784
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20492 3 years, 5 months ago
I dont think theres anything wrong with it at all. Theres nothing wrong bout smoking herb. Its completely natural and a good medicine. I dont have any kids but if/when i do i wont sneak off for a secret toke, and id probly let them smoke at like 16 if they so choose. Both my mom n dad smoke pot,and pretty much my entire family. My grandma even lets me blaze at her house, but i gotta go out on the balcony. So, i personally dont think theres anything wrong with doing any "natural" drugs in front of young'ns. I think parents in general should b more open with their kids, bout these things.



P.S. I LOVE YOU ALLLLL =-)
skyties
Junior Boarder
Posts:104

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20496 3 years, 5 months ago
I would say be aware of your surroundings. Most of all don't be a hippycrite, teach your children the truth
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
Posts:674
I take pictures

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20499 3 years, 5 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
I dont think theres anything wrong with it at all. Theres nothing wrong bout smoking herb. Its completely natural and a good medicine. I dont have any kids but if/when i do i wont sneak off for a secret toke, and id probly let them smoke at like 16 if they so choose. Both my mom n dad smoke pot,and pretty much my entire family. My grandma even lets me blaze at her house, but i gotta go out on the balcony. So, i personally dont think theres anything wrong with doing any "natural" drugs in front of young'ns. I think parents in general should b more open with their kids, bout these things.



P.S. I LOVE YOU ALLLLL =-)


this is not something you should admit in public, as it would raise the eyebrow of child services

i am against small kids around pot, as an adult it is YOUR choice to smoke , it is NOT their choice it is in my opinion in poor judgement to use anything that is classified illegal around children and take them anyplace where that is going on intentionally , i know i will get flamed for not being kind ect ect and lose karma points but when it comes to your kids grow up , fucked up is not the way your kids should be seeing their parents
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1784
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20503 3 years, 5 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
I dont think theres anything wrong with it at all. Theres nothing wrong bout smoking herb. Its completely natural and a good medicine. I dont have any kids but if/when i do i wont sneak off for a secret toke, and id probly let them smoke at like 16 if they so choose. Both my mom n dad smoke pot,and pretty much my entire family. My grandma even lets me blaze at her house, but i gotta go out on the balcony. So, i personally dont think theres anything wrong with doing any "natural" drugs in front of young'ns. I think parents in general should b more open with their kids, bout these things.



P.S. I LOVE YOU ALLLLL =-)


this is not something you should admit in public, as it would raise the eyebrow of child services

i am against small kids around pot, as an adult it is YOUR choice to smoke , it is NOT their choice it is in my opinion in poor judgement to use anything that is classified illegal around children and take them anyplace where that is going on intentionally , i know i will get flamed for not being kind ect ect and lose karma points but when it comes to your kids grow up , fucked up is not the way your kids should be seeing their parents



HAHAHA, ya people reaaaalllly get "fucked up" from smoking the locoweed lol. WOW. I think u mighta watched reefer madness one too many times. Jus because the government classified pot as illegal doesnt make it a bad thing. The only reason, and i MEAN only reason pot is illegal at this moment is because the big buck pharmaceutical companys will lose tons of money, because noone would pay for most of the medicine which costs 100x as much and harms your body. Marijuana is a harmless drug. Oh "but its a GATEWAY DRUG". This could be said of any equally harmless drugs. Caffeine, chocolate,etc, are all gateway drugs too. I GUARANTEE marijuana will be legal in the next 2-3 years. And soon there will be pot bars on every corner. Not so long ago alcohol was completely illegal and now its EVERYWHERE, and alcohol kills people everday. How many people are harmed or die from smoking pot??? zero. Wellllll, thats my bit. Hope i didnt rant too much.lol =-)

P.S. I LOVE YOU ALLLL
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder
Posts:697

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20505 3 years, 5 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
I dont think theres anything wrong with it at all. Theres nothing wrong bout smoking herb. Its completely natural and a good medicine. I dont have any kids but if/when i do i wont sneak off for a secret toke, and id probly let them smoke at like 16 if they so choose. Both my mom n dad smoke pot,and pretty much my entire family. My grandma even lets me blaze at her house, but i gotta go out on the balcony. So, i personally dont think theres anything wrong with doing any "natural" drugs in front of young'ns. I think parents in general should b more open with their kids, bout these things.



P.S. I LOVE YOU ALLLLL =-)


this is not something you should admit in public, as it would raise the eyebrow of child services

i am against small kids around pot, as an adult it is YOUR choice to smoke , it is NOT their choice it is in my opinion in poor judgement to use anything that is classified illegal around children and take them anyplace where that is going on intentionally , i know i will get flamed for not being kind ect ect and lose karma points but when it comes to your kids grow up , fucked up is not the way your kids should be seeing their parents


I have to agree with you. When I was younger and my judgement was not so good, I agreed with the first post. Now, as a parent, recovering drug addict/alcoholic and addiction counselor, I don't think small children should be around weed or any other drugs. The fact is that all mind-altering drugs distort the user's thinking. It is this distorted thinking that leads to being okay with exposing children to drug use. I have nothing against adults making their own decisions about their own personal use. I am in favor of legalizing marijuana although I no longer use it myself. However, kids who have no choice in the matter should not be influenced by their parents who still chose to use. Wait until they are old enough to really understand the whole subject before showing them through your actions that you support smoking weed. While I'm sure there are lots of people who think my attitude about this is uptight or whatever, I'm also sure that there are lots of Deadhead parents out there who agree with me with all their hearts. Think this through with me, let me know your mind.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20506 3 years, 5 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:
MsJimp wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
I dont think theres anything wrong with it at all. Theres nothing wrong bout smoking herb. Its completely natural and a good medicine. I dont have any kids but if/when i do i wont sneak off for a secret toke, and id probly let them smoke at like 16 if they so choose. Both my mom n dad smoke pot,and pretty much my entire family. My grandma even lets me blaze at her house, but i gotta go out on the balcony. So, i personally dont think theres anything wrong with doing any "natural" drugs in front of young'ns. I think parents in general should b more open with their kids, bout these things.



P.S. I LOVE YOU ALLLLL =-)


this is not something you should admit in public, as it would raise the eyebrow of child services

i am against small kids around pot, as an adult it is YOUR choice to smoke , it is NOT their choice it is in my opinion in poor judgement to use anything that is classified illegal around children and take them anyplace where that is going on intentionally , i know i will get flamed for not being kind ect ect and lose karma points but when it comes to your kids grow up , fucked up is not the way your kids should be seeing their parents



HAHAHA, ya people reaaaalllly get "fucked up" from smoking the locoweed lol. WOW. I think u mighta watched reefer madness one too many times. Jus because the government classified pot as illegal doesnt make it a bad thing. The only reason, and i MEAN only reason pot is illegal at this moment is because the big buck pharmaceutical companys will lose tons of money, because noone would pay for most of the medicine which costs 100x as much and harms your body. Marijuana is a harmless drug. Oh "but its a GATEWAY DRUG". This could be said of any equally harmless drugs. Caffeine, chocolate,etc, are all gateway drugs too. I GUARANTEE marijuana will be legal in the next 2-3 years. And soon there will be pot bars on every corner. Not so long ago alcohol was completely illegal and now its EVERYWHERE, and alcohol kills people everday. How many people are harmed or die from smoking pot??? zero. Wellllll, thats my bit. Hope i didnt rant too much.lol =-)same old tired rant from stoners,ask any heroin addict what was the first drug they did,pot will be the answer.but then again what do ya expect from somebody with 420 in his name

P.S. I LOVE YOU ALLLL
same old tired rant from stoners,ask any heroin addict what was the first drug they did,pot will be the answer.but then again what do ya expect from somebody with 420 in his name
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
reb
Visitor

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20524 3 years, 5 months ago
I say "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS"

I do not think small children should be exposed to any mind altering substances by viewing the parents imbibing them. I go as far as to include more than weed. I think you should not even drink recreational beer in their presence either. I grew up with alcoholism in my family and it left a deep grove in my psyche.

An alcoholic beverage at a special family meal would be an ok viewing IMO. I kept a lid on caffeine in front of them too. None of that "Oh I can't live without my morning coffee" routine. Kids mimic the behaviors they see at home.

I let my kids discover mind altering substances on their own, via their peers (including weed, caffience, alcohol and the other nasty recreational drugs).

Now I have 2 adult children and when we attend a show as a family, which I must say is a awesome experience in itself, we do pass the doobie. It remains awkward as we don't make eye contact. It is sweet and funny. Then off they go to their own space, safely high on the family weed. There they get offered stuff (like 'special K" @coney island) which they refuse and then discuss with us later.

I have become even more conservative in my old age, sans children. With the abuse of opiates and benzodiazepines by young children now running rampant, I would have my health care provider slip in an urine test during their physical.

With what I have witnessed at shows by a minority of parents I think this thread should be posted again and again. I have more often seen very responsible parents at shows with children and I commend them for their use of ear mufflers and careful sightlines.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1784
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Small kids watch parents toke at shows

#20525 3 years, 5 months ago
[quote="83msg1sttyme" post=20506][quote="DeadHead420" post=20503]MsJimp wrote:
same old tired rant from stoners,ask any heroin addict what was the first drug they did,pot will be the answer.but then again what do ya expect from somebody with 420 in his name


LoL,it might be the same old tired rant to you, but its the truth. I find it amusing that your argument is that people used to smoke pot. Thats jus comedy gold. Thats like sayin oh puppies are a gateway pet to lions. It doesnt make sense in the least bit. Pot and Heroin have NOTHING to do with eachother. People who do actual drugs( not pot) are tryin to block out there life and whatever crap there going through. So what is your reasoning in saying "ask any heroin addict what was the first drug they did"??? huh? As if pot is somehow the evil culprit. hahahahahaha. I think ima smoke a bowl now.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds